Show Chrome rear rack

Thread: Show Chrome rear rack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pikester View Post
    I am looking at installing a rear rack, and since the MP3 is no longer an option, for those that have the show chrome, how do you like it and was it easy to install? I have a 16 F6B base model.

Ride safe,
    Pikester
    I have one and put the show chrome backrest on too. You have to have the covers with holes or drill yours and put the mounting brackets in. Easy job . When you get to rack and backrest their are shims and bolts to line up. I used super glue for the shims and made it much easier. I like the rack!

Quote Originally Posted by Xrider57 View Post
    I have one and put the show chrome backrest on too. You have to have the covers with holes or drill yours and put the mounting brackets in. Easy job . When you get to rack and backrest their are shims and bolts to line up. I used super glue for the shims and made it much easier. I like the rack!
    Thanks Xrider57. I just placed an order for the smoked chrome rack/bracket kit. Some of the other racks looked too small for my liking.

Just installed my show chrome rack. Installation wasn't too bad, just wish I would have been thinking
    and I could have installed my remote saddlebags openers while I had everything apart! I also installed some kuryakyn ergo II highway pegs. I had them on my wing and I really like them. Farkling sure is fun! Ride safe,
    Pikester

You can mount almost anything to Showchrome?

I think I like these b/c I've been able to attach almost anything. I'd been using a Shad box for a trip. I mounted the Shad platform to the Showchrome with a little finagling with the parts that came with each. Then locked the luggage case to the Shad platform. If I want, I can remove the Shad box and leave the mounting platform or remove the box and Shad platform completely and still l have the showchrome rack to bungie stuff to. It fits well and seems very sturdy.

Has anyone been broken a Showchrome rack?

You can mount almost anything to Showchrome?

I think I like these b/c I've been able to attach almost anything. I'd been using a Shad box for a trip. I mounted the Shad platform to the Showchrome with a little finagling with the parts that came with each. Then locked the luggage case to the Shad platform. If I want, I can remove the Shad box and leave the mounting platform or remove the box and Shad platform completely and still l have the showchrome rack to bungie stuff to. It fits well and seems very sturdy.

Has anyone ever broken a Showchrome rack?

Thanks Xrider57. I just placed an order for the smoked chrome rack/bracket kit. Some of the other racks looked too small for my liking.
    I was the same way, I wanted bigger. The rack actually looks better than I thought it would.

I think it looks sharp as well. It seems to be sturdy and the right size.

Got any pictures of the rack installed? How long did the install take?

I can take a picture when I get back from my trip on Saturday. It took about an hour to install. Using a step bit, like suggested in the instructions, made the job much easier. It seems to be very sturdy.

I can take a picture when I get back from my trip on Saturday. It took about an hour to install. Using a step bit, like suggested in the instructions, made the job much easier. It seems to be very sturdy.
    That would be great. Thanks