Aftermarket 2014+ Harley Style Tour Packs - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aftermarket 2014+ Harley Style Tour Packs

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    I made a circuit using resistors, diodes and relays to turn the side markers into (running,turn,brake) lights as well as the rear left/right turn signals.

I made the center panel running/brake lights.

When the turn signal or flashers comes on, it disables the brake and running combo lights so the turn signal wins over the brake and running light. If just the running light is on when the turn signal goes on, it blinks off/bright/off/bright instead of dim/bright/dim/bright which makes it much more visible.
    That is slick. Are you referring to the side markers on the lower part of the bags? Do you have a video of them up anywhere or did you make a schematic of the circuit?

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    That is slick. Are you referring to the side markers on the lower part of the bags? Do you have a video of them up anywhere or did you make a schematic of the circuit?

Jason
    There maybe simpler ways of doing this, but this is how I did it. The circuit may need to be modified to accommodate the specific LEDs in a given tour pack. I used a Kuryakyn trailer wiring kit to drive my secondary lighting and protect the OEM wiring harness.

Sorry for the crude diagram.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    There maybe simpler ways of doing this, but this is how I did it. The circuit may need to be modified to accommodate the specific LEDs in a given tour pack. I used a Kuryakyn trailer wiring kit to drive my secondary lighting and protect the OEM wiring harness.

Sorry for the crude diagram.

HTH

Excellent work, ths61! Thanks for the diagram. If you ever post a video, shoot me a message.

Jason

Anyone bought one yet?