Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerer View Post
If you can afford to buy a $27-31,000 motorcycle and you HAVE to be the first in your riding group to have the newest, greatest then taking a $1000 lost to achieve that goal means nothing. I neather have the pockets to buy a new Wing, nor wish to be the trail blazer on a new ground up built motorcycle. I've been around long enough to have seen that even Honda can miss the mark. 1200 Wings stators failing,rear wheel bearing to rim miss fitment, front wheel bearing change between the 84-85 model years. The 84 Wings speedo cable breaking every 10,000 miles, fixed for the 85 model year.The 1985 limited Edition LCD dashes shorting out. First 2 years of the 1800 frame problems. Then as the 1800s racked up some mileage, the failure of some of the ADG. Some people have been waiting a long time for the new Wing and will now hit the GO button. I still remember the 1500 owners clammering for a new bike with a bigger motor. Many sold/ traded in there 1500s for the new 1800 with out ever even sitting on the new 1800 until the day they road out of the dealership. Some were very disappointed. I talked to at least 3 new owners that got rid of the 1800 and bought used 1500s. One actually went back to his dealership to trade back for his old 1500 only to find out it had already been sold.
^^^^ Now that is some wisdom and experience on display.^^^^^

I have done that myself, not on a motorcycle but on other large purchases. No manufacturer can get it exactly right on the first try, particularly with all this tech that is, generally speaking, very new in its own right.