Indian - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Indian

E........$1600
    L........$1600
    I........$1600
    T.......$1600
    E.......$1600

a LOT Of money for two pistons and a 120 lbs TORQ !

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I'm waiting for Polaris to knife their Slingshot product in the back.
    As I've stated here, you won't have long to wait. But it's not a knife in the back; the product is, and always has been, a steaming turd. And occasionally, the turd catches on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    As I've stated here, you won't have long to wait. But it's not a knife in the back; the product is, and always has been, a steaming turd. And occasionally, the turd catches on fire.

37 thousand dollars ?? Are you kidding me?

I recently saw a top-of-the-line CVO Harley in a magazine that had an MSRP of $42,000!!!!....They can kiss my rosy red butt cheeks....Ride safe

Not as much as will the company be here tomorrow, but will the company kill the line up? Like they (Polaris) did to Victory?

I'm waiting for Polaris to knife their Slingshot product in the back.
    Customers have good long memories. I won't be giving Polaris another dime.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    If I get burned or shit on, it'll be the last from me as well.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by speedjunkie View Post
    If I get burned or shit on, it'll be the last from me as well.

Mike
    Mike............

To clarify, I'm not on Indian and your purchase, just the price they want for the Elite. There may be a few more items on the Elite than the model below it, but for the most part, it looks like they are asking $8000 more for hand applied 23ct. gold striping. At $1284.00 per ounce this morning, I can buy 6 American Gold Eagles for under $8,000.00. It also only comes in one color. Hard for me to see the marketing behind it other than there are some that have to have the most expensive model out there, regardless. Here's a nice video up the coast highway on a red Roadmaster. Report back on the Springfield with updates and PHOTOS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDg6JoJxvw8

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    So a business should keep making a product that is redundant to another of their own product lines, even though the numbers aren't there; i.e. people weren't buying it?

Whew! I hope you don't have any money in the stock market, as you are really going to be disappointed in how business actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    So a business should keep making a product that is redundant to another of their own product lines, even though the numbers aren't there; i.e. people weren't buying it?

Whew! I hope you don't have any money in the stock market, as you are really going to be disappointed in how business actually works.
    Victory was making money. The design and product was top of the line--it was a quality product. It was the poor support by Polaris and the sudden purchase of the Indian brand that caused them to dump Victory. I owned 2 and was a on the different boards for a few years. They had very loyal customers in spite of refusing to back their warranty. Most bikes gave very little trouble and ran forever.

They didn't even try to sell of Victory---probably because somebody else would grow the company---like they refused to do---and make them look foolish, so they just killed it off and left thousands of loyal customers and vendors up the well known waterway without any propulsion device. I sold mine and got a B about 2 years before all of that happened.

Not gonna say I will never buy an Indian---but it won't be a new one and it will have to be a heck of a deal.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]