Long Beach, CA - IMS Show - Nov. 17th-19th 2017

Thread: Long Beach, CA - IMS Show - Nov. 17th-19th 2017

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    You know that is something that has perplexed me about the MPG claims of the new GL1800 and the reasoning that they could reduce the fuel capacity. They were claiming 42 mpg as reason they could do this. I am not in the habit of checking my fuel mileage. I have, however done it out of curiosity. The last time was while riding mostly interstate at speeds of 80 - 90 mph. I was getting approximately 42 mpg then. So would the new Wing do substantially better? They're claiming 42mpg, I'm like I already get that mpg but now would have 1.1 less gallons. We shall see.
    I had to look up my fuel mileage from my cross country trip. Average was @ 36-37 MPG. I seem to get less when I ride in the mountains.

Min: 29.5 MPG - Strong sustained headwinds
    Ave: 36.2 MPG
    Med: 37.6 MPG
    Max: 45.4 MPG - mostly downhill

Max theoretical range for 6.6 gallons varied between [194 and 299] miles

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    I had to look up my fuel mileage from my cross country trip. Average was @ 36-37 MPG. I seem to get less when I ride in the mountains.

Min: 29.5 MPG - Strong sustained headwinds
    Ave: 36.2 MPG
    Med: 37.6 MPG
    Max: 45.4 MPG - mostly downhill

Max theoretical range for 6.6 gallons varied between [194 and 299] miles
    My 42 mpg was a couple years ago or so on I-75 mostly going from Kentucky down to Deals Gap. Running 80 plus. Now to be fair, the whole tank was not run on interstate, but on back roads. I measured it 3 or 4 times over the coarse of that weekend,which included riding in the Smokies and the result was similar. I wasn't hot dogging it as I had a friend along on his Harley with a passenger.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"