You are correct; I misspoke. I was thinking more about the gee-wiz technology - which appears to be similar in both bikes - and bundled that thought with performance. Another example of my increasing age . Funny thing is that I have an older RT and it certainly out corners my F6B.

Quote Originally Posted by bigswole31 View Post
Interesting....
While I agree with MOST of what you wrote, I am curious about your projection on the performance factor. The K1600B blows the doors of the F6B. All of the K1600 series bikes have 160hp, and several of our members have had the pleasure of watching the K-series taillights get smaller and smaller. Hornblower and a couple others actually own or owned both a K1600 and an F6B. According to them, though the F6B is a great performer in its own right, it isn't comparable at all performance-wise. The K-series are faster with more clearance in the turns.

The new Goldwing's engine is supposed to be an improvement on the current engine (how much remains to be seen...but the displacement has only gone up by 1cc), and there is a slight difference in weight between it and the F6B (90 pounds lighter than the current full-dressed wing... less so with our bikes). How are you drawing the conclusion that the performance is comparable? Better than what we have (which is great IMO)?...probably. Comparable to the beastly inline 6 that the K1600 has?... I see no evidence of that in any of the reviews.

At the end of the day, there are several factors that go into making a bike purchase besides speed and handling. I'm just curious if you came across some info that paints a different comparative picture between the performance of the new bikes. If so, please share.