Right side cubby space?

Thread: Right side cubby space?

Right side cubby space?

Just got a 2016 F6 and am wondering why no cubby lid on the right side, like on the left.

Anyone do mods to make a cubby space on the right? If there is space, it seems like a left side cubby would fit in the opening on the right side.

Not enough room underneath. The radiator fill cap is there... plus if you have the Deluxe, the cruise control box is located there as well.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

right cubby

I used the right side cubby to mount a switched fuse box for accessories that lived up front in my bike including iPhone Charger, Garmin power and PowerLet outlet for heated gear plug. It's a good location to route wires up front.
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma

Quote Originally Posted by pdxstriper View Post
    I used the right side cubby to mount a switched fuse box for accessories that lived up front in my bike including iPhone Charger, Garmin power and PowerLet outlet for heated gear plug. It's a good location to route wires up front.
    That's a good idea! I have a Eastern Beaver PC8 fuse box that I have been wanting to install; but it would not fit nicely behind the left side battery cover area... quite possibly it's too thick for the location you just described... but I am going to check it out.

I have the one with the 18" leads... I would need to extend it further though

Eastern Beaver makes great stuff. Check them out:

https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Wirin...PC-8/pc-8.html

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Thanks for the tip Will......that also reminds me.....I used to date an Eastern beaver. She lived up in D.C.

I used the Eastern Beaver on this project. The thread below chronicles my adventures. For some reason the pictures don't seem to show up. Ugh.

Basically I used industrial strength Velcro to stick the EB box to the cover of the right side cubby. Tons of room. Great access too if you ever needed to change a fuse (I never have had to...it's a Honda...it just works). Much easier access than removing the #$^&!$ seat!

Good luck,
    Pete

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?7...lock-placement

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    That's a good idea! I have a Eastern Beaver PC8 fuse box that I have been wanting to install; but it would not fit nicely behind the left side battery cover area... quite possibly it's too thick for the location you just described... but I am going to check it out.

I have the one with the 18" leads... I would need to extend it further though

Eastern Beaver makes great stuff. Check them out:

https://easternbeaver.com/Main/Wirin...PC-8/pc-8.html
    --------------------------------------------
    2013 F6B Deluxe Black
    2004 BMW R1150RT
    2005 Yamaha Zuma