helmet lock cable - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: helmet lock cable

Glad you found what you were looking for. I have to ask is this a strap that is to be used with the helmet lock on the left side grab bar? I do not have either on my 15 but do have a hole in the grab bar that looks like it should have a lock installed.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Glad you found what you were looking for. I have to ask is this a strap that is to be used with the helmet lock on the left side grab bar? I do not have either on my 15 but do have a hole in the grab bar that looks like it should have a lock installed.
    Did you buy the bike new? A helmet lock assembly is $31.00 and a $1.75 for a one way bolt. Unless you can find a lock Smith that can key it to your ignition key it will be a different key.

I got it barely used but hard to believe the original owner would remove the lock. Oh well I can live without it. Seldom need to lock a helmet but have a cable combo lock if I do.

I made mine using 1/16" (1/8 will work) wire rope (ACE HW), covered it w/ heat shrink b-4 I crimped it. cost less than $3. I made it long enough to go around chin bar. It loops around my gas cap for storage.
    Honestly, I didn't know I was suppose to have one. Guess the previous owner did something w/ it.

I'm thinking not all F6Bs came with a lock.

Yes I made one also and they made my loops a crimp connection at the local boat supply store. Cable was already plastic coated. I also made one long enough to go thru a leather jacket sleeve so it also can be locked. But seldom park where I feel locking things up are necessary.

Great thinking about running it through the jacket sleeve. I think I'll give it a try too. Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I'm thinking not all F6Bs came with a lock.
    Yours is the first I’ve herd. Maybe the previous owner replaced the left hand rail. The discription of the bolt that holds it is a “one way” bolt. Next time you have that hand rail off look and see if there is an empty bolt hole. Over the years there have been several that have had problems with the helmet lock. If the hole is full some one may have ground off the bolt to remove the lock. Generally a one way bolt has a grabbing surface that that can only tighten or breaks off leaving a flat surface.

Didn't get 1 when I bought my F6B, went back to Honda dealer, they gave me a new one.
    Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by dyerider View Post
    Didn't get 1 when I bought my F6B, went back to Honda dealer, they gave me a new one.
    Thanks Mike
    Lock or cable?