CHEROKEE NC, 2018 Rally info.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: CHEROKEE NC, 2018 Rally info....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    OK, we are booked for Cortez! really looking forward to seeing everyone and getting in some great riding!
    Blotar

Quote Originally Posted by Blotar View Post
    OK, we are booked for Cortez! really looking forward to seeing everyone and getting in some great riding!
    Blotar
    Any idea on your route? I'm in Austin, and mulling over attending...

Booking done and looking forward to the miles and smiles.
    I should have all the upgrades in place and ready to ride, oh that is next week.....
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Hello guys this is first time that I have posted on this site but I read it often for info. I have booked a room in Cortez Co and look forward to riding out there from my home in Nashville. hope I am doing this right and you can add my name to list of riders hope to meet everyone there. Looking forward to it Luther

Phantom, DIG RKMC will be attending the Cortez Rally. Riding out with ZZ

I put your name on the Cortez list.
    See you there.
    http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?1...-CO-Rally-2018

F6Bster covered about everything in the area. One other thing that is possible is to ride to Durango in the morning to see the train depart and then north on the Million Dollar Highway to Silverton and be there when the train pulls in there. Watching this narrow gauge steam train is a treat.. After Silverton continue north on the Million Dollar Highway to Ouray and Ridgway then over the Dallas Divide and south down through Telluride, over Lizard Head Pass and down the Dolores River Valley back to Cortez. This is the San Juan Skyway he mentioned, with three passes above 10,000 ft and one over 11,000 ft it is a great ride. All this in only 235 miles. This is one of the greatest rides in the country and even in August you will see snow on some of the high peaks.

Can't wait

Quote Originally Posted by LA Weld View Post
    Has the route from Cortez to Cherokee been formulated?

I possibly could run from Cortez to Arkansas and cut down home, or just drag out and bounce around threw Oklahoma...
    Being we have 3 or so days and 1700 miles to go I would thinkmostly Interstate 40.
    That would make it about 500 miles a day, about 3 tanks of gas or so.

For many years lots of loosely organized Gold Wing Rallies (GL1800riders.com board) in NY, PA, GA, CO, AZ, and other locations brought hundreds of people from all over the country, and even a few from overseas (rentals). When a good location for riding and lodging is picked, the bikes will come and good times will be had by all (or at least most)!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Questions about the day rides in Cortez: Will they be one or more each day, long/short, slow/brisk? And will we know about choices/routes in advance? Paper or GPX maps? I have some "must do" roads while out that way and if not included in one of the day rides I want to incorporate them into my arrival route or my departure. I use BaseCamp/Garmin and Microsoft Streets and Trips. I may be too early for these things but dang excided about having my bike there. Thanks in advance for any info.