Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
What made you decide on the Michelin X-ICE XI3 XL? Are other Goldwingers/F6B'rs running that tire?

Don't go by appearance of the tire while static (other than tread wear). The tire is going to slightly deform when going into a turn; but if you put too much air into it; it will not deform (meaning flex the sidewall to keep enough tread on the pavement) and you will end up riding on the edge/sidewall of the tire.

Bob109 runs non-run flats, as do others. Hopefully he'll chime in shortly with his experiences with the non-run flats.

My only experience so far has been with run flat C/T's which take much less air pressure; compared to what you are running.

Do not give up yet... you need to find that sweet spot (psi) for your weight w/ the tire. As far as the felt sensation goes; yes it can be felt different in comparison to a motorcycle tire. When I was down in Woodstock; Ga a few months ago getting my Traxxion installed; the tech there took my bike out for a spin first and came back remarking "this is the first time I rode a dark side and almost didn't seem to know it was there..."

But I have a run flat... the variable between mine and your tire is going to be the respective air pressure. Find it.
The Michelin X-ICE XI3 XL was one of the ones Phantom had suggested in another thread. Static on the side stand at 42 psi it looked low, I ran it in last night to check if it was just an optical thing. It was pretty squishy, a lot of flex. Even at 50 psi I can feel the tire molding to the road especially at low speeds on uneven surfaces.

I'm not giving up yet, I know I'll have to play with the pressure more. My concern is more that this tire is to soft and I'll have to replace it. I hate wasting "good" tires.

I should've bought a RF but it's a learning experience either way.