2018 Goldwing Demo ride day!

Thread: 2018 Goldwing Demo ride day!

2018 Goldwing Demo ride day!

I went by my dealership today and they had sign ups for the incoming 2018 Goldwing demo rides. They said the bikes should be in by Feb 2018. Now I don't palm on getting rid of my 2016, but I did sign up for a demo. Anyone else considering doing a demo ride?!

I don’t plan on getting rid of my B. But, I am most definitely going to demo a new wing when the opportunity arises.

Meanwhile up north in Canada

we will have to wait until February to just put a hand on one, demo days will likely be very heavily subscribed and not until May, 2018.
    2014 Red F6B with ABS
    Baker: Hand Wings, BikeMP3: rack, Cardo Packtalk Bold Cyclepump: air compressor, Garmin Zumo 396
    Honda: battery maintainer, center stand, passenger backrest, shop manual (2012-16), tall screen
    MEC: first aid kit Nelson Rigg: Route 1 Traveler Tour Trunk Bag
    Rivco: Honda Adjustable Highway Mounts, Flatfoot pegs
    Uclear: HBC200 intercom system (spares)
    ZUMOLOCK to lock on Zumo 396

OK, which dealer is that?

GL1800 Demo - 17 Years Ago

This reminds me of a demo ride I took 17 years ago. On an unseasonably warm day in January of 2001, I rode my '98 Valkyrie to a dealer in Colorado Springs. They had a new yellow GL1800 with dealer plates sitting out front. As I was looking it over a salesman asked me if I'd like to ride it. I replied that with a Valkyrie less than 3 years old I wasn't in the market, but he insisted, telling me I really needed to try it out anyway. How could I refuse?

I took it for a ride, including a brief stretch on the Interstate, and was amazed at how well it handled for such a large bike. At the time, it was the most impressive bike I'd ever ridden. My old Valkyrie is a wonderful bike (I still have it with 174,000 miles) but it felt heavy and ponderous compared to that Wing.

I fully expect the new Goldwing to surpass the current version by a similar amount. If I get a chance to ride one I definitely will!

My dealer has nothing scheduled. Might have to check the others in the area. Not in the market for one, but I would take a test ride on one though.
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa