2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 19

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Your point is well taken. Anyone who is not physically fit should plan the altitude part of a Co. trip by carefully taking incremental stages along the way and go easy on the booze.

Now that I've said that out loud I wanna go east to what BigDawg refers to as the Bourbon Trail and the smell of horse shit...whaaaaaaa

I'll probably pass Will as he heads west. Dang!
    J/K
    Physically Fit.......disapears with age, like it or not

I vote for Colorado....

Colorado is a wonderful choice, especially parts west of the Rockies and west of Denver.... A trip there would give anyone who lives east of the Mississippi an opportunity to see what

real mountains really look like, not to mention the view of blue sky and white clouds that occupy the sky above the layers of humidity and smog in the eastern states....

Okay all you guys and gals... here’s my $0.02.

I’ve attended The Rally for the past three years. Each has been a great time with great folks that have become friends and some fantastic roads and day rides.

Round-trip travel distances for me from Phoenix, AZ were about 3800 miles to Franklin, NC... 2600 miles to Russellville, AR... and 3600 miles to Pigeon Forge, TN. I’ll let you figure out the travel times. Two of these three rallies were based within 100 miles of each other.

I’m not retired , but I made the effort to get there for the sake of the ride, the camaraderie and the discovery of new roads. Those are the big reasons I bought this bike.

You riders who live near the Right Coast have great roads right in your own back yard and I understand your reluctance to travel. Hell, if I had roads like that in AZ I might be less inclined to travel for days to try something new.

We ride a great bike. GaTeach proved it to herself with her marathon ride last year. And I rolled my own 10k miles this summer.

I really would love to meet and ride with more F6B Riders who have knowledge and experience beyond my world, on new roads with fresh vistas and challenges. I think rallying in Colorado would be amazing. I’ve always heard the Rockies have some phenomenal roads. I can only imagine what would be in store for us.

So I encourage my Right Coast friends to push their personal envelopes and challenge themselves and vote for a road trip to a destination outside their comfort zone. The F6B will go the distance... will you?
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    Okay all you guys and gals... here’s my $0.02.

So I encourage my Right Coast friends to push their personal envelopes and challenge themselves and vote for a road trip to a destination outside their comfort zone. The F6B will go the distance... will you?
    We have attended the last 3 years as well. Traveling 2 up on the F6B where the passenger isn't going to last as long as I can in the saddle, managing the vacation time needed for such a trip, plus the added expense of a longer trip, are all realities. Would love to ride in Colorado. Just don't know if it will be feasible next year. It's just a reality. Would require sacrificing other yearly rides.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

2018 Rally Location

I also vote for Colorado. I have yet to make it to a rally, but I would definitely be at a Colorado Rally next year. Unlike Ixol Phaane I have ridden southern Colorado a lot and it is one of favorite places to ride. I will even volunteer to lead a ride or two. I enjoy the Smokies and the Appalachians I was there earlier this year, the timing just didn't work for the rally, but I think those of you that haven't ridden southern Rockies would have a great time and make some great memories.

As Ixol said it is just my .02 cents worth but I think it would open the rally to another whole segment of F6B riders.

Thank you to those who put so much effort in putting on the rally. Whatever location is chosen I will support it and make an effort to attend.

Az Wingrider

Either one is several days riding for those of us in the fly over country. So If it is either of those won't be there. Just like usual the middle is close to both sides but not close enough. We will just keep closer to home and enjoy the part of the country that to the rest of you doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    We have attended the last 3 years as well. Traveling 2 up on the F6B where the passenger isn't going to last as long as I can in the saddle, managing the vacation time needed for such a trip, plus the added expense of a longer trip, are all realities. Would love to ride in Colorado. Just don't know if it will be feasible next year. It's just a reality. Would require sacrificing other yearly rides.
    Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmehh! Luv u, my brotha. 😁
    And you know I look forward to riding with you and Miss Patti wherever we end up rallying.
    Be safe, amigo!

2018 Rally Location

I think I am beginning to see the reason that other organizations do not choose rally locations by popular vote. In the end it tends to polarize the members and a lot of people seem loose sight of all the effort those charged with organizing it put into the event.

Where ever the rally is eventually held we all need appreciate the effort that goes into it and we need to thank those who make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by xltsport View Post
    ...We will just keep closer to home and enjoy the part of the country that to the rest of you doesn't exist.
    😲
    C’mon now, don’t be like that. The Rally can only be one place. 53 and Phantom and Rick and the others put a lot of time and energy into making our Rally fun and successful (Thank you!)... and just because it’s not close to home don’t for a minute think we’ve all forgotten about the rest of the country. No matter the location, many riders will have to travel.

Our Forum members ride to these rallies from all over... San Francisco to New York... Akron to Tucson... some even ride down from Canada! I’m in Phoenix and welcome a nice road trip on this great bike.

So if it ends up being in the Smokies (again 😉) I’ll do my best to get there.

Someone suggested annually alternating Eastern and Western locations. I think that’s a great idea. Maybe we could start that tradition this year by rallying in Colorado. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, ride safe, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Az Wingrider View Post
    I think I am beginning to see the reason that other organizations do not choose rally locations by popular vote. In the end it tends to polarize the members and a lot of people seem loose sight of all the effort those charged with organizing it put into the event.

Where ever the rally is eventually held we all need appreciate the effort that goes into it and we need to thank those who make it happen.
    I don't think anyone here doesn't appreciate the effort those whom organize these events put forth. I know I do even if I haven't gotten to attend one. The Madstad I won during the 2016 auction rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    😲
    C’mon now, don’t be like that. The Rally can only be one place. 53 and Phantom and Rick and the others put a lot of time and energy into making our Rally fun and successful (Thank you!)... and just because it’s not close to home don’t for a minute think we’ve all forgotten about the rest of the country. No matter the location, many riders will have to travel.

Our Forum members ride to these rallies from all over... San Francisco to New York... Akron to Tucson... some even ride down from Canada! I’m in Phoenix and welcome a nice road trip on this great bike.

So if it ends up being in the Smokies (again 😉) I’ll do my best to get there.

Someone suggested annually alternating Eastern and Western locations. I think that’s a great idea. Maybe we could start that tradition this year by rallying in Colorado. I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Meanwhile, ride safe, my friend!
    My other half belongs to a woman's volunteer organization that has been around for 100+ years. They have chapters all around the country (it's actually world wide I believe). Their annual convention stays right of the Mississippi most years and is held on the left side maybe every 4th or 5th year.

One would hope that a decade from now these rallies will still be going on and that fresh blood will periodically infuse the ranks and take the torch from Phantom and the others when they're ready to step back. Given the short production run of the B an life in general I hope the rally does come to Colorado this year or the next and that I can make the rally here and one on the right side of the map before they're thru.