2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 20

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    Given the short production run of the B an life in general I hope the rally does come to Colorado this year or the next and that I can make the rally here and one on the right side of the map before they're thru.
    A ha!!!! Another reason to be excited about the leaked pictures from Honda with a new F6B for 2018. Let's hope it takes off. That will help to infuse life into this board and keep it going.

I will say, I am on the VRCC. Valkyrie Riders Cruiser Club. With the recent faulty introduction of a Valkyrie 2014 reboot that didn't sell and just didn't have the soul of the original Valkyrie, the original Valks have not been made since 2003. The VRCC is still very much alive, albeit not what it once was, but yearly rallies, "INZANE" still occur. Both here in the US and overseas. Large gatherings . Much much larger than the F6B rallies have been.And that with hardly any vendor support. Would be nice to see the F6B rally grow to such levels.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
    ~Snip~

So I encourage my Right Coast friends to push their personal envelopes and challenge themselves and vote for a road trip to a destination outside their comfort zone. The F6B will go the distance... will you?
    Well said. Most certainly

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    We have attended the last 3 years as well. Traveling 2 up on the F6B where the passenger isn't going to last as long as I can in the saddle, managing the vacation time needed for such a trip, plus the added expense of a longer trip, are all realities. Would love to ride in Colorado. Just don't know if it will be feasible next year. It's just a reality. Would require sacrificing other yearly rides.
    This is the perfect reason to have it in Colorado. All of the last rides have been in the East, where the West coast guys have had all of the issues explained by Jimmy so well. Do you think it is easier for West coast to go East then it is for East to go West? Do you think everyone on the West coast is retired? It has been on the East side of the US since they started, didn't you mama teach you to think about being nice to others and to not be selfish?

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
    This is the perfect reason to have it in Colorado. All of the last rides have been in the East, where the West coast guys have had all of the issues explained by Jimmy so well. Do you think it is easier for West coast to go East then it is for East to go West? Do you think everyone on the West coast is retired? It has been on the East side of the US since they started, didn't you mama teach you to think about being nice to others and to not be selfish?
    Well for one thing, I have had NOTHING,ZIP, ZERO, NADA to do with where the Rally has been held.

For another thing, I never said that people from other locations would not have some of the same logistical issues when it came to attending a Rally on the other side of the country.

I would love to ride in Colorado. Been a long time since having been there, I have an aunt and cousins in Colorado. As I have said in many posts, if it's in Colorado, that is fine, I just don't know if I will be going or not. For the reasons I gave once again in the post you quoted of mine.

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    The Ladies of F6Bs (BABCs)... are heading to the F6B Muster in Montrose. ...
    The “Muster in Montrose”... that is just plain AWESOME!
    "1.21 gigawatts?! 1.21 GIGAWATTS??! Great Scott!!"

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

As of 10-11-17

Votes to hold a Rally on the West Coast ---- 54
    Votes to hold a Rally on the East Coast ---- 60

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Cool

IMHO we need a new venue, new blood, new thoughts and new ideals. As a board we will become stagnate if we do not continue to grow and change. Change is good. Change can be difficult especially the older we get. It is easy to get "stuck" and never grow. I can't make this rally and will say that the rally needs to be someplace we have not been. We need people from every area of this great country to show us the best they have to offer! Whether it's Montrose or Big Larry's backyard, we as a group need to stretch our "wings". When Tony and I came up with Franklin we were looking for a change to an area with great roads. The burden then as now is that you will loose some folks. Then on to Russellville, we lost some folks from the original rally. Now we are considering moving again. I believe it is a great thing. Will we loose some folks from the east, yes. Will we gain some folks from the west, yes. When we run out of places in America we will head to Canada. Life is all about change and our ability to change with it.
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

West Coast

I chuckle every time the talk is about “west coast” and the location is Colorado. Maybe there should have been locations actually on the west coast, ie California, Oregon, or Washington. Some great riding out there on the “west coast”, whereas Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, and New Mexico are the Rockies. Just saying!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

As of 10-11-17

Votes to hold a Rally on the West Coast ---- 54
    Votes to hold a Rally on the East Coast ---- 60
    If you add the 10 from I'll attend anywhere to Colorado, then you have 64. Just saying.......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired USAF
    1974 - 1994

SierraKen
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    IMHO we need a new venue, new blood, new thoughts and new ideals. As a board we will become stagnate if we do not continue to grow and change. Change is good. Change can be difficult especially the older we get. It is easy to get "stuck" and never grow. I can't make this rally and will say that the rally needs to be someplace we have not been. We need people from every area of this great country to show us the best they have to offer! Whether it's Montrose or Big Larry's backyard, we as a group need to stretch our "wings". When Tony and I came up with Franklin we were looking for a change to an area with great roads. The burden then as now is that you will loose some folks. Then on to Russellville, we lost some folks from the original rally. Now we are considering moving again. I believe it is a great thing. Will we loose some folks from the east, yes. Will we gain some folks from the west, yes. When we run out of places in America we will head to Canada. Life is all about change and our ability to change with it.
    Perfectly said! Thanks.