New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

If Musk is correct about these numbers, I can't wait to hear what the gripe is about this from this group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...test-car-world

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    If Musk is correct about these numbers, I can't wait to hear what the gripe is about this from this group.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...test-car-world

Jason
    If he is Correct!
    Wait and see!
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Nice, but as I miss the rumble of a Harley, I would miss the rumble of a high horsepower v8.
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Nice, but as I miss the rumble of a Harley, I would miss the rumble of a high horsepower v8.
    That car is electric, so the rumble can be synthesized and projected

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

So has fuel cell technology just been abandoned? How long does one have to wait to charge the batteries after they are depleted? I like seeing technology improve, but let's face it, 620 mile range doesn't mean 620 I'm sure if taking advantage of the 0-60 times. Pretty cool though. Having been used to the rather quiet nature and turbine like sound of our GL1800s , going electric is not a stretch, other than the range limitations.

"Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    So has fuel cell technology just been abandoned? How long does one have to wait to charge the batteries after they are depleted? I like seeing technology improve, but let's face it, 620 mile range doesn't mean 620 I'm sure if taking advantage of the 0-60 times. Pretty cool though. Having been used to the rather quiet nature and turbine like sound of our GL1800s , going electric is not a stretch, other than the range limitations.

I love it....a Honda charging up a BMW.

Now if ya got a lot to haul... Tesla just announced a new electric 18 wheeler to be on the market in a few years.
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/17/tech...eal/index.html
    Tesla unveiled its new semi-truck, which CEO Elon Musk said can go zero-to-60 in five seconds with an empty trailer. That's a figure usually associated with luxury sedans, not big trucks. With a full load, the truck can still reach that speed in 20 seconds, according to Musk, much faster than any diesel-powered truck.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I personally think Tesla executives are smoking to much funny stuff....Some of the top brass in the auto industry are suggesting that they will be out of business by 2019 as they are burning through way to much cash, battery technology is the same for the entire auto industry and the competition will get worse for them...They have no dealer network and a lot of negatives at this point..Just because their stock is high priced does not guarantee success...There cars are nice, but the average person cannot afford one in most cases. I guess we wait and see what the future brings, but for now, me and mine will stick with a good old internal combustion engine...My Fusion Sport is fast enough to get me trouble!!....Ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I personally think Tesla executives are smoking to much funny stuff....Some of the top brass in the auto industry are suggesting that they will be out of business by 2019 as they are burning through way to much cash, battery technology is the same for the entire auto industry and the competition will get worse for them...They have no dealer network and a lot of negatives at this point..Just because their stock is high priced does not guarantee success...There cars are nice, but the average person cannot afford one in most cases. I guess we wait and see what the future brings, but for now, me and mine will stick with a good old internal combustion engine...My Fusion Sport is fast enough to get me trouble!!....Ride safe
    They are far from being out of business.Just east of Reno NV they have built a 4.5 million sq ft facility that is 30% ramped up building batteries for there cars and new tech battery/solar units to tie in and aid residential power consumption.Forbes has said because of there new technology battery manufacturing prices for there batteries will drop and will be very competitive in a global market.In fact they just purchased another 1000 acres in the Tahoe industrial center to build another large factory-Speculation is that some of there new cars or who knows semis will be built there.I would not bet against Musk as he has spent a load of money but can see long range in terms of profit and technology.Plus he has brought thousands of good paying middle class jobs to our area.Were seeing true trickle down economics because of this with new jobs there is a need for new housing ect.Real boom here in Northern Nevada and the Tesla projects started it all.Google,Amazon,Walmart distribution and the worlds largest Cloud called Switch which backs data information world wide are all in the same Industrial center now.Projected jobs to reach 40-50 thousand over the next ten years.

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    They are far from being out of business.Just east of Reno NV they have built a 4.5 million sq ft facility that is 30% ramped up building batteries for there cars and new tech battery/solar units to tie in and aid residential power consumption.Forbes has said because of there new technology battery manufacturing prices for there batteries will drop and will be very competitive in a global market.In fact they just purchased another 1000 acres in the Tahoe industrial center to build another large factory-Speculation is that some of there new cars or who knows semis will be built there.I would not bet against Musk as he has spent a load of money but can see long range in terms of profit and technology.Plus he has brought thousands of good paying middle class jobs to our area.Were seeing true trickle down economics because of this with new jobs there is a need for new housing ect.Real boom here in Northern Nevada and the Tesla projects started it all.Google,Amazon,Walmart distribution and the worlds largest Cloud called Switch which backs data information world wide are all in the same Industrial center now.Projected jobs to reach 40-50 thousand over the next ten years.
    Very good stuff if all of that pans out.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by edgeman55 View Post
    Maybe so, maybe not.....Pure speculation on Musk's part for now and only time will tell....I hope he brings jobs and etc. but some of the best intentions fail....I wish them luck and at my age don't really care as by the time all this electric stuff is available in the market place I doubt I will have much interest...I am for technology and progress for the world as my 16 Grandkids will live in it, but for now I will stick with what I think is best for me....Regards