New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

Thread: New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    That Musk already announced Supercharger stations will be converted to Solar, Phantom.

Jason
    Jason, years ago it was determined that the amount of pollution created to fabricate a Toyota Prius was greater then the pollution created to fabricate a Hummer. At the end the technology did not reduce the CO2 footprint. The Prius has 2 engines (one gas, one electric) a gas tank and a battery system, twice the electrical wiring and copper, more fossil fuel plastic to reduce weight etc etc etc. The pollution created by manufacturing 2 systems under one hood is much greater than producing one system under the hood. Lastly where do you think Nickel and Lithium comes from ?????? They are Electric Fossil fuel sources dug from our own Earth.

Solar panels are created with very toxic chemicals and Silica (a Earth based material that requires a lot of CO2 producing energy to melt it), China has one of the largest Solar Panel industries in the world, I am willing to bet that these residual toxic chemicals are flowing down a Chinese river and into our oceans. Did you not see the Olympics in China ... the air pollution was unbelievable and that was after they had shut down 1/2 of their factories during the Olympics. CHINA doesn't care about CO2 footprints.

Some reading material about the pollution created to manufacture a Toyota Prius versus a Hummer ....

https://axleaddict.com/cars/Prius

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Where I live, we have hydroelectric power. A large, govt funded wind farm ($1 billion) was built and touted as the bestest greenie higgamajig ever. Only one problem, whenever the wind picks up, the hydroelectric dams have to scale back their generators, thus wasting spilled water. Wind turbines take first priority over dams. All this wind farm did was create a solution for a problem that didn’t exist.

Hondas and Kawis and Zukis and Yammys...Oh my!

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    Where I live, we have hydroelectric power. A large, govt funded wind farm ($1 billion) was built and touted as the bestest greenie higgamajig ever. Only one problem, whenever the wind picks up, the hydroelectric dams have to scale back their generators, thus wasting spilled water. Wind turbines take first priority over dams. All this wind farm did was create a solution for a problem that didn’t exist.
    Then we just need Tesla to build a battery farm to store the excess in...although others have argued against the pollutants generated from the batteries. The rub either way is you generate pollution either in the generation of the power or in the storage of it. There's even another group I haven't seen pipe up here that argues that solar/wind are worse for the overall climate than fossil fuels. It's an interesting theory on energy loss and heat but way out on the fringe of things.

Water/Wind/Solar and most renewables are nice but unable to be relied on 100% of the time. Storage for the other times becomes the issue. Fossil fuel energy generation and Nuclear power have the benefits of being capable or variable power generation. The technologies are emerging to make integration of various power generating techniques more feasible although we're still years away from municipal practicality as far as I know. Which in the end is the same with an electric vehicle. They're great for a lot of things but to expensive and impractical for most of us to use as our primary transportation. Hybrids are more efficient and practical at this point although their construction generates even more pollution and their longevity suspect. Instead of people foaming at the mouth to ban fossil fuels they should be working on ways to make them more efficient and not allow emerging technologies in those fields to be so readily suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Hand View Post
    Maybe the windmills can pump the water back up into the reservoir so you can have a perpetual power and water supply ?