New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

Thread: New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Can someone please educate me ....

How is electricity produced? Coal, Oil, CNG, Nuclear, Hydro power... etc etc etc

The fossil fuels are still being used to recharge these vehicles indirectly, are they not?

The need for additional Electric Charging Stations versus existing Gasoline Stations is only shifting the source of energy.

So now the CO2 carbon footprint is concentrated to Electricity producing plants and their neighborhoods?

What am I missing ?

Exactly. A scam. Just like all those wind farms you see. The requirements to manufacture and install these wind mills requires energy that these wind mills will never even come close to recouping over their life span. It just makes certain people "feel" good.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post

Exactly. A scam. Just like all those wind farms you see. The requirements to manufacture and install these wind mills requires energy that these wind mills will never even come close to recouping over their life span. It just makes certain people "feel" good.
    I find it naive/hypocritical that "greenies" promote wind energy on one hand while screaming about killing endangered species on the other, but never make the connection that wind farms are giant puree machines slaughtering birds by the thousands including endangered species. Most people would be fined and/or imprisoned for killing those endangered birds but wind farms get a pass and the greenies look the other way.