Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
Read the article published today by Barrons..It pretty much tells it like it is and I totally tend to agree...The major players in the automobile industry, Mercedes. BMW, Ford, GM, Toyota, Volkswagen, etc. will crush Tesla's efforts very soon..Tesla is burning way to much cash, has to many challenges in the future, does not have enough production to make a dent in the industry, etc. etc. Musk is a typical "BS" artist and when he loses taxpayer support and other incentives...Goodbye!!...Most other car makers already have electric cars, self driving cars, and battery technology that matches that of Tesla, better dealer networks, and cars that many can afford...The "big-rig" concept for over the road driving is a joke...Ask most truckers about this monster....Not against improving technology and future advances, just a little tired of government/tax payer money going to support this guy!!!....JMHO and ride safe
Opus, I'll read the article per your suggestion. And I think some of your observations have merit. The production bottlenecks are a definite problem, and if he has trouble with his lower end model selling, I agree with you that could be a big problem for his business. But if other automakers end up swallowing him up, then it will partially be with the help of his technology through his released patents that they do so. Calling him a BS artist might be one of the biggest underestimations I've seen. He literally built the first ever reusable rocket with his company space x. Interesting dude. You should read his Wiki.

Jason