New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tesla Roadster- 0-60 MPH- 1.9 seconds. 620 mile range.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Solar Power sounds good. How ever, producing the batteries, is not so good to the enviornment, or to people. And when these battery operated vehicles crash, and they do, burning and or exploding batteries really sucks to the rescue personel, and the vehicle recovery people. And where are we putting these damaged, leaking "super batteries"?

Like Willtill, I feel what some perceive as healthy, may be unhealthy to me; as it relates to the end game.
    These complaints sound pretty antiquated. You could almost substitute the same arguments from the time we went from horse drawn carriages to automobiles. "They're so dangerous. I don't trust the technology. When they crash gas is highly flammable and can explode." It sounds like garden variety resistance to change without much reason.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Verismo View Post
    These complaints sound pretty antiquated. You could almost substitute the same arguments from the time we went from horse drawn carriages to automobiles. "They're so dangerous. I don't trust the technology. When they crash gas is highly flammable and can explode." It sounds like garden variety resistance to change without much reason.

Jason
    Well, plenty of actual crash videos on line, and fire dept test crashes, showing the difficulties of putting out these type fires. Firefighters must wear masks and respirators. Some of the chemicals in the electric fires cannot be extinguished with water, must use special foams, then must call in Haz-Mat teams for final cleaning of crash sites, etc. That's not "garden variety" resistance. I'm not against progress, but these are real issues.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Well, plenty of actual crash videos on line, and fire dept test crashes, showing the difficulties of putting out these type fires. Firefighters must wear masks and respirators. Some of the chemicals in the electric fires cannot be extinguished with water, must use special foams, then must call in Haz-Mat teams for final cleaning of crash sites, etc. That's not "garden variety" resistance. I'm not against progress, but these are real issues.
    Not to mention the Chevy Volt's spontaneous combustion features.

Read the article published today by Barrons..It pretty much tells it like it is and I totally tend to agree...The major players in the automobile industry, Mercedes. BMW, Ford, GM, Toyota, Volkswagen, etc. will crush Tesla's efforts very soon..Tesla is burning way to much cash, has to many challenges in the future, does not have enough production to make a dent in the industry, etc. etc. Musk is a typical "BS" artist and when he loses taxpayer support and other incentives...Goodbye!!...Most other car makers already have electric cars, self driving cars, and battery technology that matches that of Tesla, better dealer networks, and cars that many can afford...The "big-rig" concept for over the road driving is a joke...Ask most truckers about this monster....Not against improving technology and future advances, just a little tired of government/tax payer money going to support this guy!!!....JMHO and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Read the article published today by Barrons..It pretty much tells it like it is and I totally tend to agree...The major players in the automobile industry, Mercedes. BMW, Ford, GM, Toyota, Volkswagen, etc. will crush Tesla's efforts very soon..Tesla is burning way to much cash, has to many challenges in the future, does not have enough production to make a dent in the industry, etc. etc. Musk is a typical "BS" artist and when he loses taxpayer support and other incentives...Goodbye!!...Most other car makers already have electric cars, self driving cars, and battery technology that matches that of Tesla, better dealer networks, and cars that many can afford...The "big-rig" concept for over the road driving is a joke...Ask most truckers about this monster....Not against improving technology and future advances, just a little tired of government/tax payer money going to support this guy!!!....JMHO and ride safe
    Opus, I'll read the article per your suggestion. And I think some of your observations have merit. The production bottlenecks are a definite problem, and if he has trouble with his lower end model selling, I agree with you that could be a big problem for his business. But if other automakers end up swallowing him up, then it will partially be with the help of his technology through his released patents that they do so. Calling him a BS artist might be one of the biggest underestimations I've seen. He literally built the first ever reusable rocket with his company space x. Interesting dude. You should read his Wiki.

Jason

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Can someone please educate me ....

How is electricity produced? Coal, Oil, CNG, Nuclear, Hydro power... etc etc etc

The fossil fuels are still being used to recharge these vehicles indirectly, are they not?

The need for additional Electric Charging Stations versus existing Gasoline Stations is only shifting the source of energy.

So now the CO2 carbon footprint is concentrated to Electricity producing plants and their neighborhoods?

What am I missing ?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

It is a scam. The sales pitch is something for nothing. A perpetual motion machine which doesn't exist. Hide the carbon footprints in 3rd world countries and behind closed doors.

Elon Musk pulled out of Trump's counsel when Trump pulled out of the Paris Climate Accord. Musk did so because he knew it would impact his cash cow, forcing taxpayers to pay for the expensive slight of hand called green energy scams.

Green energy scams made Al Gore rich and he doesn't even use solar on his beach side mansion that will soon be underwater according to his melting icecap/rising sea level scare tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

How is electricity produced? Coal, Oil, CNG, Nuclear, Hydro power... etc etc etc

The fossil fuels are still being used to recharge these vehicles indirectly, are they not?

The need for additional Electric Charging Stations versus existing Gasoline Stations is only shifting the source of energy.

So now the CO2 carbon footprint is concentrated to Electricity producing plants and their neighborhoods?

What am I missing ?

Exactly. A scam. Just like all those wind farms you see. The requirements to manufacture and install these wind mills requires energy that these wind mills will never even come close to recouping over their life span. It just makes certain people "feel" good.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

What am I missing ?
    That Musk already announced Supercharger stations will be converted to Solar, Phantom.

Jason

What am I missing ?
    +1 You got it right! Love my "Dino" powered F6