Larger Luggage Rack Prototype-Need Input Please

Thread: Larger Luggage Rack Prototype-Need Input Please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    How about provisions for flag mounts (standard slots and/or holes used by conventional flag mounts) ?

I like the cut-outs at the leading/trailing edges. makes it easier to fasten Rock Straps ( or what have you) to the rack.

I have the Bike MP3 rack myself; and they welded some "Tits" that protrude underneath (two on each side) which are absolutely worthless; since a cinched load on the rack will eventually (possibly but likely) require more tension adjustment while riding. The "Tits" by design are a unreliable tie-off point. A upside down cleat would've been better...

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Circle-5
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    I like the cut-outs at the leading/trailing edges. makes it easier to fasten Rock Straps ( or what have you) to the rack.

I have the Bike MP3 rack myself; and they welded some "Tits" that protrude underneath (two on each side) which are absolutely worthless; since a cinched load on the rack will eventually (possibly but likely) require more tension adjustment while riding. The "Tits" by design are a unreliable tie-off point. A upside down cleat would've been better...
    Agreed 100%. The early MP3 racks had better tie-down points, with large "heads" that would prevent bungee hooks from sliding right off. Then they went to the current, useless design, probably to save a few pennies. It should still be possible to drill and tap these, then add some wide-head screws (or weld these on, but my welding looks horrible). It's little details like these that make all the difference.

I will even buy your tailrack without Powdercoating and get it done in my area.