2018 Rally Location ---> POLL - Page 17

View Poll Results: Where should the 2018 Rally take place?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • East of the Mississippi

73 48.99%
  • West of the Mississippi

67 44.97%
  • I'll attend any location

18 12.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Rally Location ---> POLL

Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
    Forgive my arrogance or ignorance whichever it may be-but
    If you all elect colorado-what else is scheduled to do there besides the motel?
    My point- try to pick something that will include some rides and attractions.
    Fair question, although strangely phrased.....lol

We have rides that leave every morning, stop for lunch someplace and then return in the afternoon.
    We then gather under the tent, have refreshing beverages, and then go on to exaggerate how well we rode that day to each other.
    These are designed to be "camaraderie & riding" rallies not "local economy support" rallies.
    And? Forty four mountains over 14,000 ft high are some marvelous attractions.

An itinerary will be promulgated with routes and events as the rally gets nearer.
    I hope this answers your question.
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Colorado has some pretty good riding!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thumper 549 View Post
    Forgive my arrogance or ignorance whichever it may be-but
    If you all elect colorado-what else is scheduled to do there besides the motel?
    My point- try to pick something that will include some rides and attractions.
    From the comment perhaps you have never been to Colorado, and particularly western Colorado. Mountains, canyons, twisties, sweepers, mountain passes, etc, etc. As for scheduling things, that's what will happen once the location is determined. I thought Colorado but looks like location still TBD. I've ridden in just about all of the lower 48 plus Hawaii, enjoyed all of that riding (well, most), but am always enlightened when I return to ride the roads in Colorado. (This summer I even found a couple of nice roads that I had not previously ridden -- surprised myself). I personally never cared for overly-organized/structured gatherings, and prefer those which have been pulled together by various members of GL1800riders.com members, this forum, and similar. All about friendships and riding. From NY to GA to NC to TN to WA to CA to CO to AZ to OH to OR to SD to WY to MT, to ID to UT to NV to AR, etc. Yep, great riding in most parts of the country. Lots of fun.

If the gathering is about hanging out with friends and awesome riding, then those who attend will have a great time. If it is in Montrose, that is a great location. It is a nice little country town with some good lodging, good restaurants, and friendly people -- and is a central location for great rides, such as:

--Million Dollar Highway (US-550), or the whole San Juan Skyway includes Ouray, Red Mountain Pass, Silverton, Molas Pass, Coal Bank Pass, Durango, Delores, Rico, Telluride, and Dallas Divide. An awesome day of riding.
    --Grand Mesa (highest flattop mesa in the world)
    --Black Canyon of the Gunnison, South Rim and North Rim (CO-92 along the north rim is one of the best rides)
    --Unaweep-Tabeguache Scenic Byway (includes Gateway, Delores River Canyon, and Dallas Divide)
    --and more.

That all being said, I ride all through Colorado during the riding season...it is my backyard. So, my preference was somewhere else, but with great riding available on roads that are not overly-crowded with cages.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar

Well, in years past membership has always decided.

We need to CLOSE the POLL midnight October 31st 2017

Those of you straddling the fence, please vote.

The "Annual Rally EVENT" has always been hosted where we have had the largest gathering possible.

PLEASE place your vote if you haven't done so.

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Bster View Post
    From the comment perhaps you have never been to Colorado, and particularly western Colorado. Mountains, canyons, twisties, sweepers, mountain passes, etc, etc. As for scheduling things, that's what will happen once the location is determined. I thought Colorado but looks like location still TBD. I've ridden in just about all of the lower 48 plus Hawaii, enjoyed all of that riding (well, most), but am always enlightened when I return to ride the roads in Colorado. (This summer I even found a couple of nice roads that I had not previously ridden -- surprised myself). I personally never cared for overly-organized/structured gatherings, and prefer those which have been pulled together by various members of GL1800riders.com members, this forum, and similar. All about friendships and riding. From NY to GA to NC to TN to WA to CA to CO to AZ to OH to OR to SD to WY to MT, to ID to UT to NV to AR, etc. Yep, great riding in most parts of the country. Lots of fun.

If the gathering is about hanging out with friends and awesome riding, then those who attend will have a great time. If it is in Montrose, that is a great location. It is a nice little country town with some good lodging, good restaurants, and friendly people -- and is a central location for great rides, such as:

--Million Dollar Highway (US-550), or the whole San Juan Skyway includes Ouray, Red Mountain Pass, Silverton, Molas Pass, Coal Bank Pass, Durango, Delores, Rico, Telluride, and Dallas Divide. An awesome day of riding.
    --Grand Mesa (highest flattop mesa in the world)
    --Black Canyon of the Gunnison, South Rim and North Rim (CO-92 along the north rim is one of the best rides)
    --Unaweep-Tabeguache Scenic Byway (includes Gateway, Delores River Canyon, and Dallas Divide)
    --and more.

That all being said, I ride all through Colorado during the riding season...it is my backyard. So, my preference was somewhere else, but with great riding available on roads that are not overly-crowded with cages.
    I lived in Lovland and a couple other places.
    That is why i am not seeing the forest through the trees i guess.
    There are SO many other places to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post

Well, in years past membership has always decided.

We need to CLOSE the POLL midnight October 31st 2017

Those of you straddling the fence, please vote.

The "Annual Rally EVENT" has always been hosted where we have had the largest gathering possible.

PLEASE place your vote if you haven't done so.

Colorado might only lead because the more popular east side vote is split between two locations. A fair poll would require more than 50% to win. You can more easily do that with only two contenders in maybe a run off. My unimportant 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Forty four mountains over 14,000 ft high are some marvelous attractions.

Steve
    Colorado claims that there are 53 peaks over 14,000 feet. Take an oxygen bottle if you head up there to the top of one of them. FYI, Hwy 550 from Montrose to Durango, over Red Mountain pass is 11,017 feet.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    Colorado might only lead because the more popular east side vote is split between two locations. A fair poll would require more than 50% to win. You can more easily do that with only two contenders in maybe a run off. My unimportant 2 cents!
    The location between North Carolina and Kentucky...... those votes will be combined for the final Tally. Were just trying to determine if the majority of votes are for a Rally to be held West of the Mississippi or East of the Mississippi.

For those of you that have attended the 2013 F6B Rally (we grilled chicken and sausage in the back of the Microtel) The 2014 Rally (catered by local restaurant) and the large 2015 Rally where we had a rolling barbecue pit on site and we were fed by a local restaurant ... Good times were had. The GOAL is to replicate our 2015 Rally. I am back on the road and God willing, we will be orchestrating a large Rally again (70-90 attendees is our goal).

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Holiday weekend no good for me, end of September has was Ljubljana was things going on

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The location between North Carolina and Kentucky...... those votes will be combined for the final Tally. Were just trying to determine if the majority of votes are for a Rally to be held West of the Mississippi or East of the Mississippi.
    Oh wow, that doesn't seem like a fair poll to me. If you aren't going to have the rally where the majority of the folks want it, why even bother with a poll. Just saying.. When did you add that twist?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dawg View Post
    Oh wow, that doesn't seem like a fair poll to me. If you aren't going to have the rally where the majority of the folks want it, why even bother with a poll. Just saying.. When did you add that twist?
    That's how I had always understood it would be tallied. Not sure where I got that understanding though, previous post perhaps? I haven't looked back at any. Phantom's post #125, counted West Coast vs. East Coast votes.

I do wish the Smokey Mnt. & Kentucky choices had been lumped into an "East of the Mississippi" option though, then it later could've been decided further from there between Kentucky, Smokies, or Franklin.