Great Way to Start a Day

Thread: Great Way to Start a Day

Great Way to Start a Day

Was going to Sunday breakfast last weekend to meet the gang on my F6B.
    As I merge onto the Highway I see a couple of Harley’s up ahead about a mile away.
    So I put the Cruise on at 70 m.p.h. and it wasn’t long before I passed them with a wave to both.
    I guess the wives on the back of the Harley’s told their men to not let a Honda do that to them.
    Before long I hear the roar approaching and they go past at approx: in the low 80’s mph.
    Well the gauntlet was thrown down and who am I to take that slap in the face?
    I proceeded to let them get comfortable up ahead for a minute or two then wicked it up to let’s just say Warp 9.9 and when I went by most of their fringe was smoking!
    Best Sunday Ever!

The New HD TC runs out of gas around 85MPH
    The M8 is slightly better.
    About a 110

In the hills, less, The twinkie is worse than that.
    Yes, I am a Harley owner, not a knocker.
    i know what reality is
    But mine is less the pedigree as it is nowhere near stock.

SOoo it depends on what you were up against..i would guess old farts that are white-knuckled about 45MPH

85???? If my old Evo wouldn't run way past that I'd scrap it.
    And old farts on rolling road blocks are a pita no matter what they ride. I was trying to outrun a snowstorm coming back from Dayton and got a case of the a$$ after following two putzers on Wings for 5 miles . I lanesplit them at well over a buck; patience never was my strong point😎

Harley is the only people I know that leave so much HOP on the table so as to sell the correct parts afterward.
    Well they and aircraft engines....a ratio of a 1/2 an HP per cube is pretty cheeeezy!
    I am very happy it takes little money to bring them up into the 80 to 90 HP range .
    Yea i am with ya..old farts or any farts doing 45 MG piss me off!

Passing Harley's after they pass you.

I live in a city flooded with Harley Davidson's. Several reasons for this. The Honda/Kawasaki/Yamaha dealer SUCKED for so long, the guy was a jerk, you would never see anyone on the showroom or in the parking lot. The Harley dealer was GREAT. The bikes may not have been as reliable, but he took care of his customers.

Nonetheless, the Harley riders are getting better in that they wave and smile while I am on the F6B. There was a time that they would NEVER wave as you passed by, they would wait until you were a confirmed "brother". I would be out on my bike, perhaps the ST1300, FJR 1300, or my 2012 Goldwing, just enjoying the ride. I would come up on some Harley's and noted as I got close to them, they would speed up so they wouldn't get passed by me. I would ride like that for three or four miles, and they would back it off after that. I couldn't help myself but to whick it up and blow passed them like they were in second gear. Just one of those things.

Say what you will but I get more waves from Harley riders when I'm on my F6B than I get from Wing riders when I'm on my old Harley.
    Wing riders seem to think their motorcycle is the pinnacle of engineering while mine is an ancient relic. I think most Wing riders need to hang up their phone, put down their sippy cup, turn off their cruise control; and GET THE HECK OUT OF THE WAY!😀

I get a kick out of the "BROS" just about falling off their bikes trying to wave!
    They are the "So Lonely Bunch"!
    From the OTHER side of the freeway, they wave!
    All most falling off!
    Personally, if their deepest mechanical experience is "what kind of wax to use" they are rather boorish.

I guess I am nasty to the core,
    but the second some bro wants to meet and talk to me, I ask him a heatseeker question.
    If I get the deer in the headlight look I am already out of time.