Tough Bike...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tough Bike...

Tough Bike...

Under the heading, "It could have been worse" I'm now awaiting the adjuster's assessment.

Senior citizen failed to see me stopped in the road with my left turn signal on at an T-intersection waiting for on-coming traffic to clear and rear-ended the F6B. The bike and I got punted a good 10 feet before it landed right side down on the shoulder with me departing the bike on the secondary impact and landing in the road.

I was really liking the little black Goldwing and have mixed feelings on whether to hope it's repairable or to hope for a total write-off. I've still got two Harley's in the garage so I'm not without -- not that I can ride at the moment with a fractured thumb and a pile of pills to take for a few days -- but the F6B was proving to be the perfect commuter bike.

Sad thing is, it was one of the Honda of Russellville Signature Editions with an all-gloss black paint job. About 1/2 of those custom painted panels are toast. But, it may be a moot point as the rear tire/wheel took the brunt of the impact and that can't be good.

Holy Crap!

Hope you're OK ???

Man... ya gotta watch you six all of the time and be prepared to scoot outta the way... if you can. Hope you get your bike fixed and/or replaced with no issue.

They really need to sharpen up driving tests for the elderly. As you get older... your senses start to fail you.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Hope you are OK and get a brand new 2016 for your troubles. Glad you were not on a lightweight bike.

Glad your OK. Hope the insurance co, doesn't try to screw you.

Tough Rider too by the sounds of it. Good luck with getting the bike sorted out but as you know you are lucky to survive with those injuries. Go easy for the next few days.

Had the same thing happen to me about 7 weeks ago except I wasn't on the bike. Their insurance was great but Mother Honda was not. The dealer would order parts (mostly Tupperware), Honda would indicate that none were in stock and unknown dates for a fill. At the same time, other dealers had the same part at the same price on ebay! I finally raised holy hell and Voila! the parts just came in. The bike was tied up for 7 weeks during great driving weather. Now I'm freezing my nuts off trying to get some miles on it.

Glad you're all right and hope your repair is quick and painless.

Glad that you were not badly injured or worse.
    Question. Did you have any optional rear lighting or simply stock?
    I always worry about being seen at any stop.

Hope you heal fast and that the insurance adjuster is Santa.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    Question. Did you have any optional rear lighting or simply stock?
    Just stock; haven't had time to get much beyond sorting out the basic's after buying it back in late August as we picked up new Harley shortly thereafter that's taken a lot of time and resources to sort out.

I've typically switched all of my motorcycle tail lights and turn-signals to running lights with LEDs and really wish I'd done that with this bike... not that it would have done any good with this particular collision. But, in general, I'm a huge fan of MotoLights and LEDs vs. incandescent bulbs.

The very senior motorist who hit me freely admitted -- knowingly or not -- that she shouldn't have been driving and will be giving it up after this accident.

Hopefully, I'll still have an F6B in the garage after all of the dust settles and will upgrade the rear lighting: it's pretty sparse compared to my CVO and Ultra. It was a really, really great machine... perhaps one of the most enjoyable bikes I've had since my 1998 Honda CBR1100XX.

P.S. And to all, thanks for the well-wishes. It could have been much worse so I'm very thankful that I was able to jump up and have a hissy fit.

Dang man, I hate to hear that but I am glad you are okay. Any idea how fast she was going when she hit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Dang man, I hate to hear that but I am glad you are okay. Any idea how fast she was going when she hit you?
    She probably had it down to about 15 mph at the point of impact, with the nose of the car down low enough to impact below the rear deck lid with the left front corner of her bumper vs. straight on.