Under the heading, "It could have been worse" I'm now awaiting the adjuster's assessment.

Senior citizen failed to see me stopped in the road with my left turn signal on at an T-intersection waiting for on-coming traffic to clear and rear-ended the F6B. The bike and I got punted a good 10 feet before it landed right side down on the shoulder with me departing the bike on the secondary impact and landing in the road.

I was really liking the little black Goldwing and have mixed feelings on whether to hope it's repairable or to hope for a total write-off. I've still got two Harley's in the garage so I'm not without -- not that I can ride at the moment with a fractured thumb and a pile of pills to take for a few days -- but the F6B was proving to be the perfect commuter bike.

Sad thing is, it was one of the Honda of Russellville Signature Editions with an all-gloss black paint job. About 1/2 of those custom painted panels are toast. But, it may be a moot point as the rear tire/wheel took the brunt of the impact and that can't be good.