Tough Bike...

Thread: Tough Bike...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by billsim View Post
    Question. Did you have any optional rear lighting or simply stock?
    Just stock; haven't had time to get much beyond sorting out the basic's after buying it back in late August as we picked up new Harley shortly thereafter that's taken a lot of time and resources to sort out.

I've typically switched all of my motorcycle tail lights and turn-signals to running lights with LEDs and really wish I'd done that with this bike... not that it would have done any good with this particular collision. But, in general, I'm a huge fan of MotoLights and LEDs vs. incandescent bulbs.

The very senior motorist who hit me freely admitted -- knowingly or not -- that she shouldn't have been driving and will be giving it up after this accident.

Hopefully, I'll still have an F6B in the garage after all of the dust settles and will upgrade the rear lighting: it's pretty sparse compared to my CVO and Ultra. It was a really, really great machine... perhaps one of the most enjoyable bikes I've had since my 1998 Honda CBR1100XX.

P.S. And to all, thanks for the well-wishes. It could have been much worse so I'm very thankful that I was able to jump up and have a hissy fit.

Dang man, I hate to hear that but I am glad you are okay. Any idea how fast she was going when she hit you?

Quote Originally Posted by Av8er View Post
    Dang man, I hate to hear that but I am glad you are okay. Any idea how fast she was going when she hit you?
    She probably had it down to about 15 mph at the point of impact, with the nose of the car down low enough to impact below the rear deck lid with the left front corner of her bumper vs. straight on.

Glad you're ok! Bike can be fixed/replaced. They are surprisingly tough tho!

Mike

Mark,,

Aw man, sorry to hear that.
    As someone a lot wiser (and presumably wiser) than me said, any crash you walk away from is a good one.
    Glad you are ok.
    Being nailed from behind just seems patently unfair.

It always grieves me to see a wrecked bike especially our F6B. As has been said thankfully she wasn't charging down the road,glad you are ok through all that.

Yes, she's looked better...

Still waiting to hear the initial read from the adjuster on write-off vs. repair.

Thankfully, I've got a couple spares at home , but can't ride anything for a few weeks as my left hand is still sporting a brace for a possible scaphoid fracture, never mind a lot of strained muscles.