Tough Bike... - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tough Bike...

Glad you're ok! Bike can be fixed/replaced. They are surprisingly tough tho!

Mike

Mark,,

Aw man, sorry to hear that.
    As someone a lot wiser (and presumably wiser) than me said, any crash you walk away from is a good one.
    Glad you are ok.
    Being nailed from behind just seems patently unfair.

It always grieves me to see a wrecked bike especially our F6B. As has been said thankfully she wasn't charging down the road,glad you are ok through all that.

Yes, she's looked better...

Still waiting to hear the initial read from the adjuster on write-off vs. repair.

Thankfully, I've got a couple spares at home , but can't ride anything for a few weeks as my left hand is still sporting a brace for a possible scaphoid fracture, never mind a lot of strained muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by TandemGeek View Post

THAT just makes me want to cry.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Good looking steeds in that garage.
    Glad to hear you aren’t too busted up.
    Getting rear ended has always been my greatest fear.
    Hope you heal up fast and the Insurance doesn’t give you the runaround.

Was there any front or side plastic damage other then the rear bags ??? Pictures of the front ??? Got a better picture of that right valve cover ... any oil leaks ???

I too am glad you are not hurt. I've learned at stops to sit and watch my mirrors for rear-enders. It also helps to flash my brake light more then once.

Elderly Driving on Meds

I was hit while waiting to turn right at a red light. I was waiting for a truck to get thru the intersection from my left when a senior citizen turned left in front of the big obvious truck. She also went thru a red turn arrow. I found myself looking at a car spinning towards me. Only one thought went thru my head as the car came: Don't get hit, jump onto the little car. I was unhurt. My old Burgman was totaled. The driver was meds that doped her up and she was 78. She admitted to the paramedic that she didn't want to drive that day because she wasn't feeling well. Found out later she had a stroke several months before but nobody in the family wanted to challenge her driving.

It confirmed to me that I did the right thing 10 years ago when I took my Dad's keys away from him and sold the car when was 83. As hard as that conversation was, it would have been worse if I hadn't.

I find this an incredibly hard issue. I don't think everyone who hits a certain age should lose that license. My father and mother in laws are both well into their 80s, but both of them are great drivers. They actually volunteer to drive handicapped and elderly around. And honestly, I don't know that I trust our state governments to make this decision. On what basis should someone lose their license? My dad would have had no trouble with the vision test and probably could have passed the simple road test North Carolina had. But I could not trust him. He'd backed into several things, would go thru lights and seemed to get lost easily. Only the people that know him well knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post
    Was there any front or side plastic damage other then the rear bags ??? Pictures of the front ??? Got a better picture of that right valve cover ... any oil leaks ???
    Right side cover was busted in half, the right upper cowl is cracked, right mirror housing is beat up, lower front cowl is beat-up, left radiator cowl got nicked-up left saddle bag/rear cover's faster holes are damaged. Right valve cover looks to be beat up but crash bars did their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by TandemGeek View Post
    Right side cover was busted in half, the right upper cowl is cracked, right mirror housing is beat up, lower front cowl is beat-up, left radiator cowl got nicked-up left saddle bag/rear cover's faster holes are damaged. Right valve cover looks to be beat up but crash bars did their thing.
    Pictures that show all the damage would help. Any engine noise when running ??? Your b might be a total