Riding Pants for Short Legs

Thread: Riding Pants for Short Legs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanghaiDan View Post
    Get creative! I usually wear Bilt knee pads under my Duluth 5 pocket firehose pants. That was what I was wearing during my last off (4 years ago - run off the road on a corner by an oncoming HD rider who drifted into my lane). I went down on pavement at 40 MPH, slid quite a ways (I am a heavy guy, too - at 310 pounds). Tore through the knees of the jeans, ripped up a bit of the hips and rear pockets - and ground down about half the plastic on the kneepads under the jeans. Walked away with zero road rash.

When I'm on the bike, they are comfortable. When I'm off, they are comfortable - and invisible. Love those pads!
    Thanks for that! Do you wear anything under the Bilt pads?
    Also, do you size your Duluth for your normal size or larger to accommodate the pads?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterB View Post
    Thanks for that! Do you wear anything under the Bilt pads?
    Also, do you size your Duluth for your normal size or larger to accommodate the pads?
    Nothing under. They are comfortable enough for me. Well - to be honest, I do have Dainese Fulcrum C2 boots that come up mid-calf, and so the lower 1/4 of the pads are on top of my boots.

Normal size pants - none of those "skinny jeans" for me! The leg seems to fit fine as-is. I love the Duluth gear, being a man of "stature" with big thighs and calves, and their jeans/pants just fit fine. Even with the pads underneath!

I have Dainese pants and they work for short legs because the ankle is tight.
    They are very expesive but top quality.

Dainese Alien Leather Winter / fall Great pants

Dainese New Drake Air fall / summer

Dainese Drake super Air summer

----------------------------------------------

My choice at this time (I did have to add an extra snap for when using gym shoes in summer)
    Klim Latitude all year rain or shine great pants for all conditions summer / winter / rain or shine
    these replace all the Daines above

Stevenolts

Short guy pants supplier

I have an inseam of 28 inches and a tall torso that gets me to 5'8". I bump the ceiling in most cars and have to push the seat forward to almost its closest setting....

Back to motorcycle gear.... I shop at Motorcyclegear.Com because they keep the size charts up to date, provide good fitment reviews, and fairly reasonable prices. They also have a fantastic return policy if it does not fit.
    I've found myself repeatedly buying Joe Rocket, FirstGear and Tour Master over the years because they stock short leg pants that zip to jackets that also fit over my 38+ inch waist. And I like the fact that the jacket zips to the pants. Having slid down a local road on my back several years ago, I can testify how great this feature really is.