Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post
I agree with your logic here... and I had the same thoughts and question of the multiple charges leveled in this trial. It seems reasonable to believe that jury consideration of each charge, in order of descending degree, would result in at least some finding of guilt. If the jury couldn’t get to 1st murder... and neither could they reach 2nd... then I would expect them to find for manslaughter, at least.

I would have loved to sit in the gallery on this and observe the proceedings first hand.
Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
The jury, in a second-degree murder charge is allowed to consider first degree murder and involuntary manslaughter which means that the jury had no intention of returning a guilty verdict no matter what. If this doesn't scream involuntary manslaughter, in my opinion first-degree murder, nothing does. I'd like to see the transcripts from the voir dire which his how the defense lawyers look for their plants to set this miscreant free.
Okay, thx fellas. I just couldn't figure out why he didn't at least get found guilty on the involuntary, and it appears I am not alone in my confusion.