They know at the voir dire if they have the case clinched. Remember if you're guilty you want a jury, all you need is one, if you're not guilty then you usually go for a bench trial. I was rammed from behind in a telephone truck by a FedEx driver who they found out later was driving with a suspended license. My lawyer moved the case to another borough ( county) and I asked him why and he said "More people are on welfare in the Bronx so they don't care how much money they give away." These lawyers are in these courts every day all day and they know the judges and what jurys they need. If this had been a Bosnian illegal immigrant or a Canadian illegal immigrant he would have been guilty, it was precisely because he was an illegal Mexican that he was found not guilty.

This is the anti-American mentality thumbing their collective noses at us without any regard for the rule of law. So I say game on - build the wall, cut off funding to these cities, stop traveling there on vacation, and start some necessary vigilanteism at the border and in the city as the "just us" system has failed and not because the law is bad. The problem is the only requirement for a juror is to have a pulse, they don't look at the facts, the law or the rules they just hold their noses through the proceedings all the while knowing exactly how they will vote. It stems from the refusal of immigrants from the non-European 1965 immigration act to assimilate into the distinct American culture, thank you Ted Kennedy. They continually refer to the land they fled as "my country", makes me want to puke. I never heard any of my relatives from Italy, even my new daughter-in-law from Sicily, refer to the land they fled from as "my country" She is going through the long and expensive process of becoming a US citizen and only speaks English, albeit broken, to my grandson. Until we start letting in people who want to become Americans this will only get worse. There will be these polyglot of citizens who refuse to accept anything American but will have no problem syphoning off the benefits America provides but never contributing to or wanting to join the distinct American culture.