Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. Great for those who got in early, and bad for those who get in late. It will be interesting to watch this unfold ...

In June of 1997, Amazon was $1.50 per share. Today it closed at $1134.00. That's a 66,600% return. Is Amazon a pyramid scheme? I think not. Many got hammered in 2008 in the market. Is Wall Street a pyramid scheme? Again, I think not. Bitcoins are not for everyone, I agree. But for those who have purchased them, and continue to purchase them, and one can buy 1/1000 of a Bitcoin today, have seen and will see returns that will cause them to curse the day they didn't buy even a sliver of a Bitcoin. In May of 1982, Apple was .20 cents per share. Wish I'd bought 10,000 shares back then. Today it's worth $1,670,000.00. The majority of humanity has no clue what a Bitcoin is and the analogy of Bitcoin to Amazon and Apple is apparent. Those who wish to jump on the BTC train will be pleased they did. Some see Bitcoins as trash, others like myself see the treasure. To each their own. FYI, tomorrow, time allowing, I'll probably take 1 Bitcoin and buy 8 American Gold Eagles @ $1345 per Eagle......and that's NOT a pyramid scheme.