Crypto Currency Experts ?

Thread: Crypto Currency Experts ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. Great for those who got in early, and bad for those who get in late. It will be interesting to watch this unfold ...
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. Great for those who got in early, and bad for those who get in late. It will be interesting to watch this unfold ...

In June of 1997, Amazon was $1.50 per share. Today it closed at $1134.00. That's a 66,600% return. Is Amazon a pyramid scheme? I think not. Many got hammered in 2008 in the market. Is Wall Street a pyramid scheme? Again, I think not. Bitcoins are not for everyone, I agree. But for those who have purchased them, and continue to purchase them, and one can buy 1/1000 of a Bitcoin today, have seen and will see returns that will cause them to curse the day they didn't buy even a sliver of a Bitcoin. In May of 1982, Apple was .20 cents per share. Wish I'd bought 10,000 shares back then. Today it's worth $1,670,000.00. The majority of humanity has no clue what a Bitcoin is and the analogy of Bitcoin to Amazon and Apple is apparent. Those who wish to jump on the BTC train will be pleased they did. Some see Bitcoins as trash, others like myself see the treasure. To each their own. FYI, tomorrow, time allowing, I'll probably take 1 Bitcoin and buy 8 American Gold Eagles @ $1345 per Eagle......and that's NOT a pyramid scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post

In June of 1997, Amazon was $1.50 per share. Today it closed at $1134.00. That's a 66,600% return. Is Amazon a pyramid scheme? I think not. Many got hammered in 2008 in the market. Is Wall Street a pyramid scheme? Again, I think not. Bitcoins are not for everyone, I agree. But for those who have purchased them, and continue to purchase them, and one can buy 1/1000 of a Bitcoin today, have seen and will see returns that will cause them to curse the day they didn't buy even a sliver of a Bitcoin. In May of 1982, Apple was .20 cents per share. Wish I'd bought 10,000 shares back then. Today it's worth $1,670,000.00. The majority of humanity has no clue what a Bitcoin is and the analogy of Bitcoin to Amazon and Apple is apparent. Those who wish to jump on the BTC train will be pleased they did. Some see Bitcoins as trash, others like myself see the treasure. To each their own. FYI, tomorrow, time allowing, I'll probably take 1 Bitcoin and buy 8 American Gold Eagles @ $1345 per Eagle......and that's NOT a pyramid scheme.
    Yeah, Wall Street is somewhat of a pyramid scheme, in that prices are manipulated. Suckers are sought for and found. Still, not the same as bitcoin. And I am sure that you know that already.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by Walcrow View Post

Rather interesting stuff, but what does this have to do with F6b's?
    I thought this was a motorcycle forum...not a financial debate

Pumper

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    YIKES,

$15,4000

Where is the ceiling ?

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Nope. Try $16,687 as of 10:51am CST. There is no ceiling since there will only be 21,000,000 issued coins. Finite supply, unlimited demand. Old predictions are now being tossed aside as to the price. What would a gallon of water go for if there were only 21,000,000 gallons available for the planet, forever. What would that ceiling price be?

If you are not part of the solution, YOU are the problem.

Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty.