Aegis, mechanical breakdown coverage - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aegis, mechanical breakdown coverage

Quote Originally Posted by druggr View Post
    Sorry ... I'm not coffee_weasle, but I know the answer to "critical torque" values on a GL1800s. Basically, fasters having to do with brakes and suspension. Those would include, but are not limited to, caliper mount bolts, brake pin bolts, triple tree pinch bolts, front spindle bolt and pinch bolts, and rear wheel lug nut torque.
    Thanks for the response. Funny, I just checked my rear wheel lugs the other day. Heard stories about those coming loose. Haven't heard about any of the others coming loose. I'll keep them in mind. Better safe than sorry.
    Albuquerque, NM

OP

Warranties in general are designed to protect the manufacturer, and not the consumer. Extended warranties are not much different than a life insurance policy. The vendor has done the math and extended warranties fall heavily in the vendors favor.

In other words, a complete rip off.

All the customer gets is "piece of mind" which in my humble opinion already comes with a GL1800 platform upon purchase
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!