Advice for my wish list

Thread: Advice for my wish list

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
    I have had my B for 2 weeks now and just joined the forum. Bike is amazing. But I am planning a month long trip through western USA this summer. At 6'5" and 260 lbs, and at an advanced age, I am looking to make this long ride as comfortable as possible. I am trying to prioritize my purchases. Here is my list, in a preliminary thought process:
    1 Heli bars: I was thinking I could pull the bars back to relax the reach;
    2 Ultimate seat (King): I know the RDL is much loved, but Ultimate is a 4 hour ride up 95 here in FL. The King moves me back an inch or two.
    3 Ridesmith? or Kury mini boards?
    4 Kury Ergo III or Rivco?
    5 I have a Bagger shield, but think I need a bit taller for a long ride. Maybe Klock 16"?
    6 A really hot chick to sit behind me and .....

All you guys with miles of experience on the B could really give me a sense of what and in what order. Help much appreciated!
    I find the seat on the B is great. I am 70 and 5' 10" and 300+ lbs and I can ride all day on the stock seat. I have on the ergo 3's and very rarely use them. I am glad I put on the baker wings under the mirrors. they cut a lot of wind when closed and let in a nice breeze when open. as for moving back a little in the seat for comfort, have the hot chick sit in front of you!, good luck and enjoy

RIVCO Pegs

I am barely 6' and traded on this forum for some RIVCO pegs this past year. For me the slight difference in the mounting location on each side made enough difference that one is comfortable and one is a reach. The fairing digs into my leg on the one that is hardest to reach.

Also look up some of the damage to the valve covers when the B is dropped while the RIVCO peg is open. If I had to do it over again, I would probably get something else.

I too have been the whole route on pegs. On my Goldwing I had Mic O'Pegs - well built, but real clunky.They often needed adjustment since they were built on the crash bars not in them. Finally went with the Rivco and they do OK. I have 5000 miles on them now and am used to them. As mentioned they can be a little off center but I move my butt around when I'm on the road anyhow. They have a neat appearance and work well otherwise.

My main complaint with the Rivcos is that they stick straight out, whereas your legs are angling out
    Eventually I want to see if I can put stops in to angle them back.

Pegs

I have the ergo 3 and love them. They look great and are adjustable. Mine have the shim in to keep them in place because when they drop down it was a reach for me. They aren't the first to drag. I have never touch them to the pavement. I also have the kury riser shims. That helped but me being short I need a little more. Heli bars are first on my list now.

Quote Originally Posted by Heatnbeat View Post
    My main complaint with the Rivcos is that they stick straight out, whereas your legs are angling out
    Eventually I want to see if I can put stops in to angle them back.
    +1 on that. It feels like my feet will slip off at any moment. Not good!

I don't think the guys at Rivco actually ever ride and use their own products. They can't tell that the pegs are offset either.
    Albuquerque, NM

I'm 6'2" and 300 lbs here. Changing the stock seat was the first on my list. I had Mean City Cycle rebuild mine 1" higher and 2" back. That made a difference for me.

I've not changed from the stock bars but risers is on my list in the future; though I find the stock position to be quite comfortable after I rode for a month. I'm only adjusting to see if it improves the ride any - not to solve a problem.

I have the Kury mini floorboards and love them over the pegs. It gives me more foot positions and I didn't notice any ground clearance difference.

I have the Ergo2s and they work great. I have long legs and didn't need the forward extension the Ergo3s give - so I was able to save some $$ there.