New 2018 GOLDWING - Page 13
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New 2018 GOLDWING

Quote Originally Posted by doubleh View Post
    I don't believe the trunk has a "removal kit" but it is removable, and supposedly it takes some time to remove the trunk.
    I'm also unsure which trans I'm going to get being only the DCT Goldwing comes with walking/reverse mode which I would like to have. Another thing I've been thinking about is both the BMW1600B/Goldwing DCT are the same price, but the BMW has quite a few more features, +170HP.
    EDIT: I stand corrected. Their is an available trunk *removal kit*.

the BMW has quite a few more features, +170HP.

Where are you coming up with 170 hp?...

160 hp

and more features? I pretty sure the new Gold Wings trump the BMW on features.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Where are you coming up with 170 hp?...

160 hp

and more features? I pretty sure the new Gold Wings trump the BMW on features.
    Excuse me for the typo, yes 160hp. Go to the BMW site and read the additional *Stock Features* as compared to the DCT GW. If you add the *Premium Package* (which includes the *Comfort Package* automatically) the total cost of the BMW is ($23,545.00). You tell me which has more features.

My '16 F6B just happens to be my first Honda after riding Harley's for the past 20yrs (still own an H-D) and I absolutely love the Honda and intend to purchase either the '18 GW or the BMW B, I was tossing all my options around for the best bang for my buck because both motorcycles are in direct competition and very close in price. I wouldn't assume one is "better" than the other (because I haven't ridden either) but rather they're side steps to each other and it would come down to a matter of personal preference.

This is the second time you've commented negatively about my posts...first when I said the weight decrease would compensate for the smaller capacity, and now this. If I'm wrong, or I've made a typo, please feel free to correct me, which I do appreciate when done with true intentions, but calling me out I don't appreciate. Please, do your homework before negatively quoting my posts, and please back off a bit because I feel your targeting me and I don't appreciate it. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to read/learn and interact with other members and their thoughts/opinions on the old/new GW's.

Thanks,
    Joe

I like the looks and really like the HP on some of the BMW bikes. But this is a killer for me: https://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...cles/index.htm

Excuse me for the typo, yes 160hp. Go to the BMW site and read the additional *Stock Features* as compared to the DCT GW. If you add the *Premium Package* (which includes the *Comfort Package* automatically) the total cost of the BMW is ($23,545.00). You tell me which has more features.

My '16 F6B just happens to be my first Honda after riding Harley's for the past 20yrs (still own an H-D) and I absolutely love the Honda and intend to purchase either the '18 GW or the BMW B, I was tossing all my options around for the best bang for my buck because both motorcycles are in direct competition and very close in price. I wouldn't assume one is "better" than the other (because I haven't ridden either) but rather they're side steps to each other and it would come down to a matter of personal preference.

This is the second time you've commented negatively about my posts...first when I said the weight decrease would compensate for the smaller capacity, and now this. If I'm wrong, or I've made a typo, please feel free to correct me, which I do appreciate when done with true intentions, but calling me out I don't appreciate. Please, do your homework before negatively quoting my posts, and please back off a bit because I feel your targeting me and I don't appreciate it. I'm not here to argue, I'm here to read/learn and interact with other members and their thoughts/opinions on the old/new GW's.

Thanks,
    Joe
    Joe--Thanks for helping to set the record straight. I'm now riding the K1600B so if anyone really wants the "truth", I'm the guy to talk to. This competition between BMW and Honda is a great thing for us. If you look at history, they do tend to "one up" each other from time-to-time. I remember when the K1200LT came out and beat out Honda for the best overall two-up bike. Based on that, I bought an LT. A year or two later, Honda came out with the GL1800 and won the honors back. The new standard Wing looks to be a great bike. I seriously doubt it will match the Beemer in HP but I'm sure it will be plenty fast and smooth and, as JimmyT has pointed out, it will have plenty of features that all the "geeks" will love. I see no reason to get in a bragging match about which of these bikes will be the best. They're both GREAT!
    Ken (Hornblower)

Thanks,
    Joe
    Negatively? ??
    Really??

You are the one that that had to interject your comment about being 90 lbs lighter as as if that wasn't acknowledged in my comment about the fuel economy.

Are we a bit sensitive? Take a look in the mirror first.

I have studied features and I disagree with your assessment. The 1600 GTL was on my shopping list before I bought my F6B, plus I was enthusiastic over the B model when it came out. I have done my "Homework" thank you. Wow.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Joe--Thanks for helping to set the record straight. I'm now riding the K1600B so if anyone really wants the "truth", I'm the guy to talk to. This competition between BMW and Honda is a great thing for us. If you look at history, they do tend to "one up" each other from time-to-time. I remember when the K1200LT came out and beat out Honda for the best overall two-up bike. Based on that, I bought an LT. A year or two later, Honda came out with the GL1800 and won the honors back. The new standard Wing looks to be a great bike. I seriously doubt it will match the Beemer in HP but I'm sure it will be plenty fast and smooth and, as JimmyT has pointed out, it will have plenty of features that all the "geeks" will love. I see no reason to get in a bragging match about which of these bikes will be the best. They're both GREAT!
    Thank you for understanding my point about both the GW/B. Congratulations on your B! There's a dealer close to me who sells both manufacturers, and when they get the new GW in, I'll go check them both out. Enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Negatively? ??
    Really??

You are the one that that had to interject your comment about being 90 lbs lighter as as if that wasn't acknowledged in my comment about the fuel economy.

Are we a bit sensitive? Take a look in the mirror first.

I have studied features and I disagree with your assessment. The 1600 GTL was on my shopping list before I bought my F6B, plus I was enthusiastic over the B model when it came out. I have done my "Homework" thank you. Wow.
    OK, it's all good, Jimmy.

Thank you for understanding my point about both the GW/B. Congratulations on your B! There's a dealer close to me who sells both manufacturers, and when they get the new GW in, I'll go check them both out. Enjoy.
    Once you've checked out both bikes, back-to-back, be sure to post your thoughts. No doubt, there will be pros and cons for each bike. You sound like a pretty objective guy to me so it should make what you have to say even more valuable.
    Ken (Hornblower)

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    Once you've checked out both bikes, back-to-back, be sure to post your thoughts. No doubt, there will be pros and cons for each bike. You sound like a pretty objective guy to me so it should make what you have to say even more valuable.
    I'll definitely check back in and give my impressions on both. Yes, I'm very subjective because in my experiences with whatever it may be (as long as they're somewhat comparable) most things aren't "better" just different.

Safe riding,
    Joseph

Wow !! I think the new 18 Goldwing and GW Tour are terrific. For sure i will consider trading my F6B for the new GW or GWT in the next few months. My F6B has been excellent for the past 3 years and such an improvement over my Harley's. The engineers at Honda hit all my buttons with these new models. I love the warranty as well. They look amazing !! Can't wait to take a test ride.

No BMW for me. There isn't a dealer in my area that I'm comfortable dealing with. I visited two BMW dealers within 80 miles of me and neither were worth going back to visit again. The BMW bikes are okay but I wouldn't put the BMW 6cyl engine in the same league as the Honda's 6cyl engine. Just my opinion.