5 PIN to Mini Stereo Adaptor

Thread: 5 PIN to Mini Stereo Adaptor

5 PIN to Mini Stereo Adaptor

Does anyone use one of these so that you can plug your earbuds into the bike to listen to the audio system? I've purchased two different adaptors and while they both work... they are both "noisy" (like low end static or white noise) Are there any tricks to making this work? Or another adaptor that is "clean"?

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    Does anyone use one of these so that you can plug your earbuds into the bike to listen to the audio system? I've purchased two different adaptors and while they both work... they are both "noisy" (like low end static or white noise) Are there any tricks to making this work? Or another adaptor that is "clean"?
    I've been using that type connector with my Etymotic ER-4 in-ear headphones since day one on my F6B(4 yrs now) with no problems with static or white noise. I bought it off EBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Gold-...-/382231018871 in black

These are the Etymotic ER-4 I use and have been using for over 20 yrs on all my steel steed's sound systems, they are the best IMHO.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Maybe I've just gotten a couple of cheap adaptors with bad shielding in them? I'll give the one you listed a shot since it specifically says Gold Wing and has good reviews. Thanks

I have the 5pin DIN to 3.5 adapter from Wingstuff because I only needed a short line. It works great with both the corded line to my Helmet (Half Helmet with speakers) or my Blue Tooth (through a Sena unit to my Full Face). Both get run through that adapter depending on what Helmet I plan to use that day.

http://wingstuff.com/products/21549-...&from_search=1
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

probably just need a ground loop isolator
    http://-------------------------/ind...irect-connect/

Circle-5
    Linky no worky.

Quote Originally Posted by No Handle Sam View Post
    My adapters are home made. They are quiet until I turn on the microphones. Then I get that "tape hiss" sound. Are your mics on?
    Albuquerque, NM

Not sure if this is your issue or not, but the stock stereo system has some type of elevated (floor noise) that has a white noise at lower volume. Most of us never notice it at all because of the bike running and usually have the volume up, I discovered this when I started to upgrade stereo and added intergration-and higher wattage amp. I would assume your hearing this now that you have it to your ears? Just turn your bike on to acc and not start it, with the stereo on turn volume all the way down you will hear it -may have to put your ear up to the speaker grille. See if that's the same noise your hearing.
    2015 Matte Silver F6B (Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Copper Red (Wife's Current Bike)
    2011 Yamaha Stryker Impact Blue (Traded in for F6B)
    1997 Yamaha YZF 1000 (1997-2015 - sold recently)
    1995 Yamaha YZF 600 (1995-1997)
    1984 Yamaha FJ 600 (1984-1993)
    1981 Suzuki GS 450 E (1983-1984)

I come from the Sport Bike World. The things I used to blow by, I now cruise by and enjoy......