Nolan N104 EV0 VS N104 Absolute

Thread: Nolan N104 EV0 VS N104 Absolute

Nolan N104 EV0 VS N104 Absolute

I'm ready to buy my first modular helmet and was about to order the absolute version as I found a sale for $287. Then I found a Can Am dealer who has one that is gray (not my first choice) marked down to $178. The Absolute is teh silver to black fade and my Wing is matte silver with black. I've read they updated the Absolute with better liner material, not sure what else. I know the Absolute comes with a pinlock shield and a removable neck roll.
    Anyone here have any experience with either Nolan?
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Quote Originally Posted by Redlinez View Post
    I'm ready to buy my first modular helmet and was about to order the absolute version as I found a sale for $287. Then I found a Can Am dealer who has one that is gray (not my first choice) marked down to $178. The Absolute is teh silver to black fade and my Wing is matte silver with black. I've read they updated the Absolute with better liner material, not sure what else. I know the Absolute comes with a pinlock shield and a removable neck roll.
    Anyone here have any experience with either Nolan?
    I've own a Nolan 102 and my new one is N91, love them both! but they do fit a oval type head. I've had allot of helmets in the past 45 years, but the most money I've ever spent on a helmet was the N91 outlaw. Best helmets I've owned in my own experience.

Yea, I have a longer narrow type head. The N104 Evo fit me nicely as did the Scorpion GT920.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

I have the 104EVO in Anthracite (not quite an exact match for my Matte Silver, but pretty close). Like it a lot...although I will admit that I don't really wear it much. I usually wear my half helmet.

When I purchased mine I had the J&M 787Elite headset installed before it was shipped to me....which (in terms of sound quality) is quite probably the absolute worst sounding headset I've ever come into contact with. BUT...that is hardly the fault of the Nolan.

As a modular.....I think the EVO is great. Slightly (VERY slightly) on the heavy side, but that is about the worst thing I can think of to say about it. I'd buy it again without hesitation.

.....sT
    Journeyman ATCS, retired
    U.S. DOT - Federal Aviation Administration -- 1982-2012

--- Valve Audio: Use a transistor, go to jail .....it's the LAW!! ---

The Evo is a Can Am version this color
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

I went ahead and just ordered the N104 Absolute in the platinum silver fade as I've turned down many great helmet deals based on being the wrong color. I don't think I'll get much better of a match for my bike AND a great deal on a fantastic helmet. They even offer a prepaid post return in case it doesn't fit right and no restocking fees.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

Most important = fit snug, even "fish face"? for a few minutes, but not tight enough to be uncomfortable, vision up, down, L&R, easy of use. Modular helmets do not pass SNELL.

Nolan n104

I am own my third Nolan helmet,this one is the nolan n-104 Absolute and I like it very much.I have my coffee headset and it is very quite.Not to heavy.