You meet the nicest people on Honda - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You meet the nicest people on Honda

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Believe what you feel is necessary in your world, but most of the Harley riders I have been around are just so "stuck on themselves" and the HD image thing, that can't see beyond the end of their nose...Most hang-out in the dealer lots, polish the chrome, drink some beers, and discuss how many times their bike has broken down...I live in an neighborhood that has 4 HD's in the area and they all act alike...Ride with no helmets, tattoos up the "ying-yang, exhausts so loud you can hear them from 1/2 mile away. and man do they think they are "cool".....If they only knew!!!....Ride safe
    The trade off IME is that HD groups are a lot more inclusive than other groups...Mostly as they are trying to sell you on the "lifestyle". However like it or not Mother Honda has her fair share of jerks too. HD riders may generally be the most arrogant but many Wing and Beamer guys aren't that far behind... Back when I rode a Yamaha V-Star I had several run ins with Wing riders and Beamerites in groups that were very noninclusive. Either let me pass or don't ride like asshats just because I dropped into formation with you.

Quote Originally Posted by 3Chief View Post
    The trade off IME is that HD groups are a lot more inclusive than other groups...Mostly as they are trying to sell you on the "lifestyle". However like it or not Mother Honda has her fair share of jerks too. HD riders may generally be the most arrogant but many Wing and Beamer guys aren't that far behind... Back when I rode a Yamaha V-Star I had several run ins with Wing riders and Beamerites in groups that were very noninclusive. Either let me pass or don't ride like asshats just because I dropped into formation with you.

Good post and I agree with you for the most part...I mostly ride by myself these days as I am pushing 78 years old and have,"been there and done that"....Use to ride with 4 friends until health issues got 3 of them...Two HD's and one BMW and me....Times are changing as are people that ride bikes....Ride and enjoy each day is all I hope for anymore.....Be safe

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by Texas F6B View Post
    Remembering the Honda quote from yesteryear. So is it still true?
    I think you'll meet "nice" people on any sort of ride because it's the two wheel choice that is the bond between us. As in any sector of our society you'll meet those that are antisocial by nature or more comfortable in their their own cliques. I think Harley owners fall into the latter...mostly.

It's interesting to me anyway, that in our society today outlaws have set the lifestyle and fashion standard that many law abiding citizen's aspire to. Pimped out cars, Tattoos, and of course Harley's and Harley apparel. Some people just drink that stuff up...

But I digress.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

I prefer shaken, not stirred.....

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Apparently not...

Isn't this considered a polite greeting in the Maritimes?

WhaleOil-Beef-Hooked.
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post

I prefer shaken, not stirred.....
    And all I want is just the cap from the Vermouth to quickly pass over the glass for a real dry one.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

FWIW: "Flippin' the bird" at another driver in Florida is ticketed as "Inciting Road Rage" and has a value of $500.

I know this was in jest, but forewarned is forearmed!

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    FWIW: "Flippin' the bird" at another driver in Florida is ticketed as "Inciting Road Rage" and has a value of $500.

I know this was in jest, but forewarned is forearmed!
    I have heard that before. Crazy. But a transgender creature can follow your daughter into a public restroom.

Go pick your fight.

...and Lloyd. This is not very becoming of you Canucks up north.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

my apologies I didn't mean to offend anyone but hey look at these guns...that's got to scare ya!!! Next time I'm in Florida instead of flipping the bird I will be showing off these huge guns