Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
Sweet, I talked myself into a Henry .357 Mag lever action ........

Nice little brush gun.
Lever actions are cool. I like the mechanics and the feel of them. I've entered a drawing at the local VFW for a Henry 45-70 and I will be absolutely THRILLED if my ticket gets pulled for it

I have a Winchester Ranger 30-30 Model 94... that is a great bush gun as well. Shoots nice and flat, and it's one of the few guns I have where I can actually still see and use the iron sights well.

I also tore her down last night and cleaned and inspected her. Always am amazed how "dirty" new guns are when you purchase them. I know that the manufacturer tests fires them.... but really, can't they at least run a couple of swabs down the barrel afterwards?

This is one rifle that I may use grease on, for some of the wear points. Normally I just use G96 to clean and protect, and a little gun oil... but have been reading about using grease in particular areas with the Mini 14.

Oh... and I am going to have to scope this one... the rear peep sight is worthless to me. Ruger was kind enough to include their proprietary scope rings and a rail/screws so now I need to see if a scope appears in my Christmas stocking... working on that