J&S jack help

Thread: J&S jack help

J&S jack help

Looking for some help. I have reviewed all the past threads and information on cycle jacks and thought that the best I could find for my F6B would be the J&S. in one of the threads someone mentioned that they had a few issues with their J&S as far as some assembly issues but were in generally happy with it. He further stated that they sent him an adapter for the jack that was supposed to work but did not and that J&S was working on an adapter for the F6B. That I believe was in March. I called J&S today to see if the adapter for our bikes were available and ready to go as their website only shows GL1800.The lady I spoke with could not answer my question but said she would have Tanner call me. I missed the call but she left me a voicemail and said that the F6B required that I buy 2 GL1800 adapters to make their jack work for my bike. I find this ridiculous. I have to buy 2, $40 adapters to make a $500 jack work! Anyone shed light on this? Thanks. F6Broy

You should be able to put a macgyver belly pan on and lift using that. I have a J&S that I used with my Harley, just haven’t tried the F6B. I did use it on my Goldwing with a belly pan after reading reviews of others doing so.

I have had a Pitbull lift since 1997 never any trouble, just had the B on it over the week end.

Yes, the pitbull works great and if it fits without adapters so will the J&S.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    Anyone shed light on this? Thanks. F6Broy
    I have the J&S with the standard GL1800 adapter (just one) and it works great (never heard of using two adapters). Wouldn't have anything else. Delivered price including the adapter was $507 (which included a veterans discount). I've used it numerous times and it makes tire changes and brake jobs a breeze. Bike is rock solid when raised all the way up! Hope this helps.

I've used the J&S on my F6B without the adapter; no issues from what I could see.

The J&S has two rubberized strips on top of the two support arms and the adapter simply looks like it stacks up a few extra layers to bridge around the oil sump. When I had my bike up on the lift I didn't detect any high-load points or instability without the adapter but if it really bothered you a couple strips of hard rubber garage door gasket material could easily suffice.

Note that the J&S uses the center stand as a lift point, so you need to lift from the side-stand. But, be forewarned, if you have a lowering link on the bike you may need to roll the bike onto some 1x6 boards to get addition clearance unless you have a helper who can stand the bike up.

J&s jacks

To all that responded thanks. To you guys with these jacks I feel better about my decision. Does the jack come with proper lift point information for our bike? Also for everyone who says but a McIver belly pan and lift using it I have read several claiming you can damage the bike doing that. Any comment? I want to have everything straight when I order this. Thanks. F6Broy