Timing chain cover bed liner material application
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Timing chain cover bed liner material application

Timing chain cover bed liner material application

My front wheels spits up road debris all over my timing chain cover and now the paint is starting to come off. I know an option would be a fender extender but I do not like the look and am not contemplating that option at this time. My thought is a timing chain cover with a tough matte black material that I have seen in truck's bed liners. Has anyone thought the same or have done it? Would make a nice compliment especially if the lower exhaust guards / heat shields were done the same.

I have used the rattle can truck bed liner paint and it is pretty tough. About 11 bucks per can. I used it on a fairing that gets hit at speeds with some giant bugs and it has suffered no marring at all. If rocks damaged it, not hard to touch up with another spray.

Also note the deference in a true brand name Fenda Extenda and the fender extenders sold by some others, it is smaller and I think looks just fine.

If you do get a fender extension, be sure to get the Hondaline one. It's much shorter then the rest and less likely to get caught on pavement edges and cracking the back fender. The other thing you might consider are various timing chain covers available. However, the ones I've seen are all chrome.

I can recommend FLEX SEAL in the spray can. Used it for my passenger back rest extension I made from Home Depot flat steel pieces. Sprayed them with Flex Seal and it's tough as hell stuff and it's a dull finish that would work on the cover nicely.

Bed liner

I coated my Lower cowl, exposed frame, chrome exhaust covers, and instrument panel with bed liner about 12K miles ago. Looks great, washes easy, and is easy to fix. Another forum had a caution about which brand to use - I think it was Dupli Color but won't promise. Fixed my ugly lower cowl - I just polish the timing cover with compound once in a while. Looks like chrome.
    YMMV

Shiv

Quote Originally Posted by Shiv View Post
    I coated my Lower cowl, exposed frame, chrome exhaust covers, and instrument panel with bed liner about 12K miles ago. Looks great, washes easy, and is easy to fix. Another forum had a caution about which brand to use - I think it was Dupli Color but won't promise. Fixed my ugly lower cowl - I just polish the timing cover with compound once in a while. Looks like chrome.
    YMMV

Shiv
    Sure would be nice if pics could easily be posted like the old days, and like every other site on line. There is no other site that I visit that I can not post pics. So Whassup!!! Too cheap or too stupid?? It's been a very long time and I have tried to be patient.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Sure would be nice if pics could easily be posted like the old days, and like every other site on line. There is no other site that I visit that I can not post pics. So Whassup!!! Too cheap or too stupid?? It's been a very long time and I have tried to be patient.
    what he said^^^
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    Bandwidth, storage, and costs... Get a free Photobucket account, pop your photos there, then put the link here - that works!

What planet are you living on? Photobucket is $399.99 per year. That's not FREE in my book. They screwed us last summer, Dan. If you can get it for free AND post photos here, let us know how that works.