VCI emitters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VCI emitters

VCI emitters

While searching for an issue regarding rust, I came across these VCI emitters.

I am thinking about buying a pack of these and inserting them into my gun safes. Currently I don't have an issue with rust due to the desiccant (Damp Rid) tubs I have been using for years in each one of my safes; but I find this extra layer of protection very interesting:

https://www.corrosionvci.com/corrosi...Daubrite10Disk

Anyone using these VCI emitter disks?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    While searching for an issue regarding rust, I came across these VCI emitters.

I am thinking about buying a pack of these and inserting them into my gun safes. Currently I don't have an issue with rust due to the desiccant (Damp Rid) tubs I have been using for years in each one of my safes; but I find this extra layer of protection very interesting:

Anyone using these VCI emitter disks?
    When I click link all I get is:
    "WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TODAY?
    The page you are looking for has been removed.

This is the default 404 page for this website; An extensive database for clients and visitors to KPR ADCOR INC.
    Advanced Corrosion Solutions. Toll free: 1-866-577-2326"

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Same with me. Page must be removed. The best way to keep guns from rusting, is to, keep shooting them! Have fun, and Merry Christmas!

Let me try again. (That was weird)

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

The paper type vci emitters are use extensively in industrial applications. Most of our saw blades come packed in them. Some of the firearms do to ( my s&w revolver was) I also use the spray on type made by WD-40 at work on some of our water fed stone cutting equipment it works for some applications where nothing else would so the technology is valid.

That one works and thanks for the link. I am going to look into that stuff for my sealed gun safe.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

I'm ordering some of these from Brownells as soon as I get my new credit card in the mail. Some low life bastage tied to make some charges with it right before Christmas. Good thing I had all of my online Christmas shopping finished before that happened.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Circle-5
    Very interesting chemistry in these things ... I just wonder how airtight the enclosure must be to prevent leakage (and lower the effectiveness of the product). That's not really explained on the web site. What I do now is re-use packs of dessicant silica gel by baking the moisture out of them – a faith-based approach. Of course, I could also oil the guns regularly ...

I'm ordering some of these from Brownells as soon as I get my new credit card in the mail. Some low life bastage tied to make some charges with it right before Christmas. Good thing I had all of my online Christmas shopping finished before that happened.
    Thinking back when I owned classic cars , there was a device that we used that if I remember
    correctly put a small charge of electricity on the car to prevent rust.

Ah Shortleg,, do you have any more info?? I've always wondered if that was possible. The idea of electrolytic rust removal always comes to mind.
    I live where they spray that damn liquid rust on the road and I lost one real nice truck to it. The truck came from Georgia with no rust and 5 years later the frame was almost gone.
    The problem is that my driveway is shaded and it isn't paved, if the vehicle doesn't get driven every day it quickly goes to hell.