Heli bars - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heli bars

Jerry..........

Ask for Harry Eddy. He's the President. Start at the top.

Heli bar purchase

I finally decided to purchase a set of helibars today with a Utopia backrest everyone I can't wait to install them though I have to wait a couple of months because I have snow now also what brake fluid did you guys use any Dot 4 or does it have to be special brake fluid also thinking about changing the head bearing did any of you do this while you were in there or you just going to wait till it goes bad I wish I would have purchased some sooner I have both MLB Riser standard and tall and the $29 ones work the best but you can't change the wrist angles and I also bought the utopia backrest for the standard seat and I have about 11000

Quote Originally Posted by tnitro1 View Post
    I finally decided to purchase a set of helibars today with a Utopia backrest everyone I can't wait to install them though I have to wait a couple of months because I have snow now also what brake fluid did you guys use any Dot 4 or does it have to be special brake fluid also thinking about changing the head bearing did any of you do this while you were in there or you just going to wait till it goes bad I wish I would have purchased some sooner I have both MLB Riser standard and tall and the $29 ones work the best but you can't change the wrist angles and I also bought the utopia backrest for the standard seat and I have about 11000

installed helibars

Installed helibars today. It was not too bad the right grip took forever. Still have to bleed lines.
    cables are a little tight. wont be able to try for a while as I am in new York.

the type brake & clutch fluid is on top of the brake & clutch master cylinder. Stick with the OEM fluid.

I put type 4 also is there any particular reason why they don't tell you in the instructions to glue the left hand grip back on just to slide on. I did not glue mine on for now.

Heli

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I actually have risers under the HeliBars because the Russell sat me back a bit further than stock and they perform fine. The range of adjustment on them is practically endless and have the best set of installation instructions, bar none.
    What kind of risers did you mount them on? Do you have enough cable and lines? I just installed mine but took the kuryakyn risers off. I'm thinking about putting them back on.

I'm pretty sure taxfree has Kuryakyn risers on his bike. He had to leave them on due to one of the bolts had a stripped out head and could not remove it. Cables were tight but functional. If I'm wrong, he'll chime in when he and the Pit Bull wake up.