Heli bars
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heli bars

Heli bars

I am about 5 weeks into my 2015 F6b. I am having a problem with shoulder and neck pain when I ride and I think it is due to the position of the bars. I am 6'5". I am hopeful that the heli bar will alleviate some of this; I am hoping my gorgeous masseuse will help also :icon_lol.
    Can anyone opine on whether the helibar has helped with making riding more comfortable, at least in terms of reach and raising the bars?

Well I'm 6 ft on a stock seat and the HeliBars gave me the right height and wrist angle to make me comfortable. I did try a set of risers that helped but not as good as the HeliBars. Pricey but well worth it IMO.
    2013 F6B in black of course

I'm a Helibars fan but you might want to give them a call. There a small company and you'll talk to a real person. I only hesitate because I don't know how much lift it has built in.

Jerry.......

This video might or might not help with the adjustments with the bars......narrated by the man who holds the patent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYrKznB0VQg

I am 6'3" and had pretty impressive shoulder pain that I tried to remedy w/risers.
    I finally pulled the pin on the Heli's even though I feared they wouldn't give me enough rise - smartest decision I made since I decided to get my B. It took about a week of tweaking to dial 'er in and no more pain. AND, if I want I can adjust any/all of those angles while on long trips although so far I haven't needed to.

I actually have risers under the HeliBars because the Russell sat me back a bit further than stock and they perform fine. The range of adjustment on them is practically endless and have the best set of installation instructions, bar none.
    Equitare solum equitare amplius

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I actually have risers under the HeliBars because the Russell sat me back a bit further than stock and they perform fine. The range of adjustment on them is practically endless and have the best set of installation instructions, bar none.
    I agree 100%

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

bars

I brought my bike used, w/ HEILI bars. I did a dealer test ride w/ OEM bars. All I can say is, the HEILI bars are the most comfortable bars I've ever used. HEILI bars & a Russell Day long saddle will be money you'll be glad you spent. Dat's my 2 cents worth.

Quote Originally Posted by olegoat345 View Post
    I brought my bike used, w/ HEILI bars. I did a dealer test ride w/ OEM bars. All I can say is, the HEILI bars are the most comfortable bars I've ever used. HEILI bars & a Russell Day long saddle will be money you'll be glad you spent. Dat's my 2 cents worth.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Thanks to you all for your input. I will call heli and talk to them. I plan on ordering this winter. I don't want to miss riding the USA due to back pain!