2014 used FB6 is very tempting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2014 used FB6 is very tempting

2014 used FB6 is very tempting

So after letting my 2005 Kawasaki Nomad sit most of the last few years and riding maybe a dozen times a year I`ve been riding every weekend with a friend who just purchased a new bike after 16 years of no riding. I`m discovering what I used to love all over again. I`ve owned many bikes and 2 Gold Wings. I`m very interested and will probably test ride a 2014 and 2015 FB6 Deluxe.I will probably keep the Nomad or sell it to a friend . I was wondering why an amazing bike like this would sell for almost 50% of purchase price after a few years with very low mileage to boot. Are there less desirable years with known problems, or deficiencies?These are really hard to find information on. I`m really looking foward to test riding these 2 this weekend. I considered buying new, and still might but wonder how much the new models are improved over the 2014/2015. I`ve read about the new front suspension , but the used low mile prices are hard to ignore. I think its to late to reconsider after a few weeks of watching YouTube and surfing the net, but if you have any input I`d like to hear it. Regards Thomas

I just purchased a new 2016 F6B deluxe a few months ago not knowing anything about the possible redesigned Goldwing. Was actually about to get a used 2013 with low mileage but found a deal on the new one in Tucson Az. Bought it and road it home. Cruise control was awesome. My son and I have covered all 48 lower states on our 2008 Kawasaki Concours but this bike is so much more comfortable I couldn't believe it. I'm not sure if the '14 or '15 has cruise but if you do a lot of traveling it's worth it. Those new restyled Wings look nice but I'm a happy camper for now. Almost forgot, stock windscreen sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman57 View Post
    So after letting my 2005 Kawasaki Nomad sit most of the last few years and riding maybe a dozen times a year I`ve been riding every weekend with a friend who just purchased a new bike after 16 years of no riding. I`m discovering what I used to love all over again. I`ve owned many bikes and 2 Gold Wings. I`m very interested and will probably test ride a 2014 and 2015 FB6 Deluxe.I will probably keep the Nomad or sell it to a friend . I was wondering why an amazing bike like this would sell for almost 50% of purchase price after a few years with very low mileage to boot. Are there less desirable years with known problems, or deficiencies?These are really hard to find information on. I`m really looking foward to test riding these 2 this weekend. I considered buying new, and still might but wonder how much the new models are improved over the 2014/2015. I`ve read about the new front suspension , but the used low mile prices are hard to ignore. I think its to late to reconsider after a few weeks of watching YouTube and surfing the net, but if you have any input I`d like to hear it. Regards Thomas
    The answer to why they can be found so cheap has to do with how Honda marketed them. Plus Honda screwed up the first 2 years of production by leaving off things like Cruise control. That and some other features left people who already owned regular Gold Wings snubbing their noses at them. There were a small number that loved what the machine was and you can find many of that type here. The F6B popularity, I think, really started to take off a couple years too late. By then , F6Bs had already been sitting on show room floors for too long and steep discounts and incentives drove the prices down.

Now there is the new 2018 Gold Wings with a whole new bike and many many features. Prices, unfortunately , for the older models won't be going up. Good for anyone looking to get a 2017 or older model.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Cruise control is standard on 15 and 16's. It's quite a feature to pass up if you haven't purchased, yet.

Jason

I have a 2013, no cruise but I don't care. Paint is a issue but once I put Glare's Winners Circle kit on my black bike the paint looks great and no more scratches.

Motorcycle sales across the industry are way down, not just for the F6B. There is a new article this morning, in the financial news, saying that the industry leading H-D, 3rd qtr sales were 50% less than projected. The article further stated, that Harley stock was becoming a risky investment. Sales are down worldwide, not just in the US. It's becoming hard for companies to spend big$$$$ developing new models each year, in a declining market. What's in the future? Who knows. I'm just happy to have my F6B, in my trio of bikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Motorcycle sales across the industry are way down, not just for the F6B. There is a new article this morning, in the financial news, saying that the industry leading H-D, 3rd qtr sales were 50% less than projected. The article further stated, that Harley stock was becoming a risky investment. Sales are down worldwide, not just in the US. It's becoming hard for companies to spend big$$$$ developing new models each year, in a declining market. What's in the future? Who knows. I'm just happy to have my F6B, in my trio of bikes.
    +1

Honestly, and this is just my opinion, I see motorcycle companies misreading the tea leaves, Honda included. Yamaha intros a monster air cooled V-Twin tourer, BMW springs out a new 1600 with each exhaust bigger than a Dolly Parton boob, Honda intros the new GW, and Harley continues doing what they have been doing, to less than desired results. Meanwhile, the target market for all of these bikes keeps dwindling, due to such things as old age and death. Some here will disagree, but Polaris, again IMO, did the smartest move of the last year, in killing off Victory; otherwise they would have two brands in this bloated and oversold section of the motorcycle market.

I bought my brand new '16 F6B for $7K less than the MSRP on the '18 replacement for it, and I'm predicting right here, (so you can circle back and razz me if I'm wrong), that the price tag on that '18 bagger model is not going to stick. Honda learned a few things, by not stripping the B replacement down as much as they did when they rolled out the original back in '13, but that price tag, in a dwindling market, is too much.

To the OP: Find a new or slightly used F6B, (not FB6), on CycleTrader, drive a hard bargain, and ride. You will not be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post

I bought my brand new '16 F6B for $7K less than the MSRP on the '18 replacement for it, and I'm predicting right here, (so you can circle back and razz me if I'm wrong), that the price tag on that '18 bagger model is not going to stick. Honda learned a few things, by not stripping the B replacement down as much as they did when they rolled out the original back in '13, but that price tag, in a dwindling market, is too much.

To the OP: Find a new or slightly used F6B, (not FB6), on CycleTrader, drive a hard bargain, and ride. You will not be disappointed.
    I have never paid the sticker on anything I bought.
    I doubt most people do. I'm betting that even if the new Wings sell well, that you'll be able to get them for less than the MSRP. I think they know this when they price them.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I have never paid the sticker on anything I bought.
    I doubt most people do. I'm betting that even if the new Wings sell well, that you'll be able to get them for less than the MSRP. I think they know this when they price them.
    $7K less?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman57 View Post
    You might still find a leftover 2015 for a great price. I did in March .The 2015 has cruise.