Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Ixol Phaane View Post

Okay... maybe not the first year 2018, but...

I will have one, Lord willing. It might not be this year, but ......
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

put 50,000 miles on my Harley road glide and I'm looking for 100,000 miles on the F6B
    It's a great road bike

glide one

[QUOTE=F6B1911;158781]I is.
    Was seriously looking at the K1600B until last night.
    but....with a
    6-speed manual
    Pearl Stallion Brown
    Apple Car Play
    NAV
    8 year warranty
    no fork seal problems (Michigan Roads)

I gotta believe the paint will be great as they are now referring to it as "Premium."

I was kind of thinking the same thing .. the K1600B was looking pretty good, but I like the new F6B (Gold Wing) better.

I'm thinkin' the base Goldwing with the DCT. Besides getting stuck in traffic and not needing to clutch, I think it will be real nice on the highway in the extra-over-drive gear that will downshift instantly when needed. Never needed to downshift with the 5-speed, and I get lazy on the road.
    Albuquerque, NM

Quote Originally Posted by 98valk View Post
    I'm thinkin' the base Goldwing with the DCT. Besides getting stuck in traffic and not needing to clutch, I think it will be real nice on the highway in the extra-over-drive gear that will downshift instantly when needed. Never needed to downshift with the 5-speed, and I get lazy on the road.
    How does a DCT engine brake in the mountain twisties ?

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    How does a DCT engine brake in the mountain twisties ?
    I know almost nothing, but I would think just like our bikes do now. It's not really an automatic driven by fluid friction. It uses a solid clutch connection.

With that said, I have no idea how you start from 0 without some sort of slippage. This is a learning curve for me. Look forward to trying one out.

Let me add: I believe that I read that you may want to pick the manual mode while in the mountains and pick/paddle your gear of choice.
    Albuquerque, NM

I hear ya. For me, its DCT or bust. I took several back roads on the way home from work today, with many turns, stops, etc. I did a lot of shifting. I would prefer to let the DCT do its thing while I have my knees in the brees, or, at least just go without a clutch and shift with my left two fingers.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I know almost nothing, but I would think just like our bikes do now. It's not really an automatic driven by fluid friction. It uses a solid clutch connection.

With that said, I have no idea how you start from 0 without some sort of slippage. This is a learning curve for me. Look forward to trying one out.

Let me add: I believe that I read that you may want to pick the manual mode while in the mountains and pick/paddle your gear of choice.
    I thought you didn't have to shift like in a car with an automatic transmission. When you go downhill in a car, the only way to engine brake is by manually downshifting, else you keep gaining speed depending on the grade.

Im gonna use this opportunity to get a cheap F6b

Well, after checking out the youtube videos and seeing what all the new features are, it sure makes it very tempting. But like others here, I will most likely wait a couple years. Probably get a better deal on one then too.