Last Ride in 2017

Thread: Last Ride in 2017

Last Ride in 2017

Got in my last ride of the year today Woodland Park through Deckers to Long Scraggy Peak. 65 miles round trip. Nice temps in the upper 50s to 70, but that wind sucked today. Amazing to get in a ride at 8,500 feet in late December. We really need snow!!!!
    2016 F6B Deluxe
    Jupiter Orange Metallic

Last ride of the year in Alabama

I went to Stockton Alabama to participate in an annual event. There were hundreds of bikes, possibly 1000, at this event. I actually saw another F6B rider. I apologize I couldn't spend more time with you.. I needed to get on the road back to Birmingham.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!

Karen Johnson
    Karen Johnson

I took my last ride of 2017 yesterday going to work...high temp of 27*F...low of about 23*. Not too bad considering not having any heated gear....my leather chaps i got for xmas really made the ride tolerable.
    2015 matte silver F6B

We are a bit spoiled down here in SoFl. On 12/29 four of us left the Harley Dealer in Sunrise for a ride west to Rt 27 then to Lake Okeechobee. Rt 27 was blocked due to an overturned tank truck, so we had to run 20 miles west on the interstate, and then north through the Seminole Reservation on Snake Road. It was chilly and I was glad I remembered my mesh jacket with liner. Trying to work back east, we ended up on a 10 mile service road for the sugar cane fields, which dead ended into a dirt road for 3 miles: 800 lb bike on a dirt road; made me think about that Adventure Tourer.... In all, we did about 250 miles and loved the adventure. There aren't many places to ride without cagers all about, so this was a good run. Happy New Years, Dudes.

Gonna be almost 50 here this weekend with dry roads below 8000'. Almost perfect riding conditions.

Thought I might take a last ride for 2017 and did so in late October..Since then it has been too "damn" cold and snowy to ride anywhere!!..Looking forward to the Spring of 2018 here in Michigan and maybe by the end of March I can go for a short stint!!!....To old to move elsewhere and with the fires, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, etc. etc. in most warmer states, I will stay put!!!...Ride safe