2018 Saddlebags - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Saddlebags

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    XXL Schuberth C3 Pro? Same helmet and size as me, and mine fits in the bag...BARELY....and it will only go in a certain way (setting helmet on open lid of bag, shield facing towards front of bike).

I often will hang it on my mirror or just bring it with me because it sometimes takes 10 tries to get the lid to shut with the helmet in there.
    This is the same method I use. You only have to fidget with the lid a couple of times to find the right location for the helmet. It's kind of in the middle of the bag, shield forward, if I'm remembering right. However, I only had to fidget with the first time, and now that I know, it goes right in its spot. Probably to do with the relative size of the helmet in question.

Jason

Circle-5
    The Honda tech assured me that NO full-face helmet would ever fit in the 2018 saddlebags. The Tour trunk is supposed to accommodate two helmets, as long as they are canted toward each other, with visor facing the rear. At XXXL, I have a really big head (like so many in Hollywood), so I'm happy just finding a helmet that fits. Keeping it locked up would be fantastic, but that's never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    The Honda tech assured me that NO full-face helmet would ever fit in the 2018 saddlebags. The Tour trunk is supposed to accommodate two helmets, as long as they are canted toward each other, with visor facing the rear. At XXXL, I have a really big head (like so many in Hollywood), so I'm happy just finding a helmet that fits. Keeping it locked up would be fantastic, but that's never going to happen.
    Noooooo, that suuuuuuuucks. Man that's a bummer. Oh well, I'll still enjoy test riding the new DCT, but this is yet another reason to hold on to my machine for a good long while.

Jason

I sometimes hang my helmet on the mirror, but I wipe the mirror off 1st, so the smashed bug guts don't end up inside my helmet. But, my Shoei Neotec will fit inside my bags, too.

Quote Originally Posted by VStarRider View Post
    XXL Schuberth C3 Pro? Same helmet and size as me, and mine fits in the bag...BARELY....and it will only go in a certain way (setting helmet on open lid of bag, shield facing towards front of bike).

I often will hang it on my mirror or just bring it with me because it sometimes takes 10 tries to get the lid to shut with the helmet in there.
    NO it's not a Schuberth
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"