Eluder pictures

Thread: Eluder pictures

Eluder pictures

Was this a demo event? Do they have them in dealerships now?

yes, this was a demo event in Belleville NJ, last month. I think the Venture is supposed to be first available in December, the Eluder in January

here's a riding video someone else took at the same demo event:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjNEIDNbYnU

He liked the bike. Despite its aggressive look and list of features, after seeing it up close and riding it I thought it was "just another motorcycle". If I were to get another V-Twin, I would get another Harley. I demo'd a Street Glide with the new Milwaukee-8 motor last year and it had better acceleration and a nice, lively feel. Plus the Harley has an oil cooled cylinder head. I currently own a Street Glide (103 HO Twin Cam), and I consider the Yamaha a step down in terms of quality and a step backwards in terms of motor development.

Just another compressor.

Going to a be "tough sell" in the market place unless your a die-hard Yamaha fan...This thing is very heavy, slow, and using air-cooled technology in a more up-dated era...Nice looking and probably well built, but in my humble opinion, not in the league of the new Goldwing or BMW1600B....Who knows, "only the shadow knows"....Personally I would buy the Indian Chieftain if I were in the market for a different style/type of bike...I know it is a large V-Twin , but they ride nice, handle great, look good and what I need a bike to do....I might, although, take a long hard look at the new GoldWing Tour as it is about 80/90lbs. lighter than the 2017....Spring will come soon, I hope and then I will start "kicking some tires" as they say...Ride safe

Looks really dated, if you are going to compete in the market you need to stand out

The only hope they have to sell them is if the purchaser hasn't tried the new Honda. I'm sure they will look pretty in the showroom, and appeal to the "V twin" cruiser types - but the high C of G, lack of performance and old school heat would be very apparent to anybody that's ridden a Wing... Honda is trying to entice a younger, sportier more "techie" rider. That's the only hope for the industry in general. Yamaha has just built another (better?) Harley for us geezers...

Watched a few demo ride reviews of the Eluder and Venture. Not very promising for a heavy V twin. They're not cheap and the rider complaints of heat. Plus not very much power for such a big engine was one of the comments.
    I, myself, if I were going to get a V-twin Bagger would probably buy a Harley or an Indian before shelling out the money for one of the Yamahas. A lot more aftermarket support for sure for the Harley. They screwed the pooch by not going with a new version of their water cooled V4 in my opinion. Most definitely wouldn't sway me away from the new Wingd.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"