Bluetooth Headset
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth Headset

Bluetooth Headset

Hey All,
    I'm looking at buying a bluetooth headset, mainly to listen to mp3 player, phone and gps. But also, of course for bike to bike intercom. I am leaning towards the Cardo Scala Rider PackTalk. Can you tell me what you guys are using and any positive or negative experiences you have had. Thanks. Mike

I'm sure the Scala is a fine piece of equipment but it is pricey. I 'am trying the cheap route right now with a piece of what I usually call chinese junk. It is a BT intercom headset from gearbest. https://www.gearbest.com/bt-intercom-headset-_gear/ I have only tried it at home so far but works good. Today will be the first on the road test. I think I paid 39 but it is on sale right now for 29 and for the low cost I figured it was worth a try.

Everyone I ride with has Sena headsets. They work great and sound decent. You will not get great sound for music from any of them but they sound fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I'm sure the Scala is a fine piece of equipment but it is pricey. I 'am trying the cheap route right now with a piece of what I usually call chinese junk. It is a BT intercom headset from gearbest. https://www.gearbest.com/bt-intercom-headset-_gear/ I have only tried it at home so far but works good. Today will be the first on the road test. I think I paid 39 but it is on sale right now for 29 and for the low cost I figured it was worth a try.

That is a steal of a deal for that price. Even if it only lasts a couple of years.... wow! Tell us the range you get with it.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Sena 20s
    .works great for GPS,phone and talking to other riders
    .very easy set up.
    .great battery life.
    .guick charge.
    .range is good as long as you are in sight.
    I never use it for music so can not comment

I have had mine for 2 years and if had the choice I would still buy the same unit.

Quote Originally Posted by lloydmoore1 View Post
    Sena 20s
    .works great for GPS,phone and talking to other riders
    .very easy set up.
    .great battery life.
    .guick charge.
    .range is good as long as you are in sight.
    I never use it for music so can not comment

I have had mine for 2 years and if had the choice I would still buy the same unit.
    I looked into the Sena line. A lot of complaints about water damage and poor customer service. Have you had any problems in the wet?
    On a side note; I see you're in Oromocto. I'm originally from Fredericton and my wife is from Upper Gagetown. Are you originally from there?

Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
    I checked these out too. The main problem I see with these is they can't connect with Sena or Scala Rider headsets. The Senas and Scala Rider units can pair with different brands of headsets. This would be useful at rallies like Cortez

I do like my Sena 20s's, I did have one stop working while under warranty and they did replace the unit eventually but it certainly was an exercise in aggregation and patience. I went back and forth with them via email and on the phone, the whole process took about 5 weeks to get another unit in hand under warranty. I can't speak for its durability in wet conditions as I have only been caught a couple of times in very light rain with them and my madstad kept them from getting wet at all.

Sena is not used widely around here. I know no one but see a sport bike guy with one sometimes. The Southern Cruisers I ride with use CBs, lots of GWs and dress HDs and several aftermarket units installed. My Garmin and the bike plays my music from several sources including my phone via BT and the speakers work well. So I just hope for phone use out of this cheap thing.

Sorry for asking a stupid question. If you use Sena don't you give up your bikes stereo system because you don't have a wired helmet and plug in to the bike?