Rivco pegs
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rivco pegs

Rivco pegs

I have read about both the Rivco and Kury's. I love the way the Rivco's look, but wonder if the Kury's are more comfortable and won't crack your valve covers. I am 6'5" and planning a month long journey this summer. I know there have been some posts on this issue, but I am still torn. Are their any strong opinions for or against either, especially the Rivcos?

Rivcos do look nice. But they will cause $$$ damage, if the bike goes down, when they are left "out". Several on this forum will agree to that. I think the Kury will give you more adjustment, as they mount on the engine guard bar, and can be moved forward or back a couple inches, depending on your liking. Rivcos don't have that option.

Rivco pegs

I'm 6ft with 34 inseam the pegs work perfect for me there are three adjustments im using the center one. I take long rides and many trips they are the best investment along with a windshield I bought for my bike

Pegs

I agree the Rivcos are definitely better looking but from everything I have heard if you drop the bike with them extended you will be buying a valve cover. I ride with the Kuryakins and I find them very comfortable. I have a good friend with the Rivcos and he loves them so I guess its whatever works for you personally. I have noticed my friend is very careful to fold his Rivcos in whenever he doesn't have his feet on them which seems to be a lot of trouble to keep reaching down and folding them in and out. I do think the position of your feet position would be more comfortable with the Kuryakins if you are tall because they do put your feet farther forward.

Just my opinion

I guess Rule #1: don't drop the bike; and Rule #2: fold the pegs. Seems simple enough...

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Rivcos do look nice. But they will cause $$$ damage, if the bike goes down, when they are left "out". Several on this forum will agree to that. I think the Kury will give you more adjustment, as they mount on the engine guard bar, and can be moved forward or back a couple inches, depending on your liking. Rivcos don't have that option.
    The Rivcos are adjustable fwd and back. I have the Rivco myself but think the kurys may be more comfortable even tho I haven't tried them.

I don't understand this paranoia about leaving them out and then damage when you dump the bike. I leave mine out when I use them and then replace them immediately to the storage position. Mine aren't going to damage my bike. Of course the morale of all of this is - don't dump your bike.

I drilled 3/16 holes in the bottom of my Rivco pegs and put roll pins in them. The roll pins allow me to deploy the pegs by catching the pins with my boot sole so I can open and close them while riding.

Quote Originally Posted by jm21ddd15 View Post
    Guess they changed the design, I have Rivco's and they have adjustment forward and back. They also have a relief cut in the peg so if you drop the bike the peg breaks clean from the mount. Ask me how I know and is a 40.00 replacement part to get you back to the game. They also now have a pin mounted in the bottom to catch your boot so you can deploy them when riding.

I don't know exactly when these changes were made, but current stock is this way.
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

Quote Originally Posted by LA Weld View Post
    Guess they changed the design, I have Rivco's and they have adjustment forward and back. They also have a relief cut in the peg so if you drop the bike the peg breaks clean from the mount. Ask me how I know and is a 40.00 replacement part to get you back to the game. They also now have a pin mounted in the bottom to catch your boot so you can deploy them when riding.

I don't know exactly when these changes were made, but current stock is this way.
    VERY HELPFUL INFO! THX.