Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing? - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Who's BUYING the new 2018 Goldwing?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I'm not usually a brown person, but I am liking the Pearl Stallion Brown pics I have seen.
    Who calls a Stallion Pearl?

Just askin'
    Floats Like a Butterfly, Stings Like a "B"
    What does the B stand for? B-Courteous. B-Safe. B-Seen.....B-CNU on the road!

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    Who calls a Stallion Pearl?

Just askin'
    Bruce Jenner ?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKnt View Post
    Correct. I was interested, and may have been an early customer, as I was for the F6B, but it doesn't quite hit the mark for me.
    I was interested as well. Maybe we have to wait another year, when the 18 left over and they will put different color as 19 model...LOL

The first F6B 2013 was Red in US...in Canada it was 2014

JB

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman57 View Post
    Thank you all for very interesting reading. The 2014 F6B I was after was unavailable for me the day I was supposed to test because someone gave a deposit.I started to make room in the garage and the wife was OK with a second bike parked next to hers. I`m going to seriously look a new 14-15s and possibly the newer model. I love the F6B and owned an early 81 GW. From now on when I see a listing I like I`m going to give a deposit right away. If I find one Ill post it here. I`m in central CT and only a few dealers like Libbys close. Any suggestions where to look besides Cycle Trader? The Deluxe seems like the best model for me.
    Use the Honda website dealer locator feature to find every Honda motorcycle dealer within whatever distance you are willing to travel. Depending upon how far that distance is, your options may be many.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Circle-5
    As much as I would love to have a 2018 GoldWing in my garage in 3 or 4 months, I'll wait for the 2020 model year, for 3 reasons:

-1- There are so many new and complex engineering upgrades that it will take a year to pinpoint the bugs and another year for the fixes to appear in the finished product.
    -2- I like my F6B and want to put more miles on it. It's a fun, reliable and very enjoyable basic motorcycle – by basic I mean without the electronics and their learning curve.
    -3- Wasting another $2,700 in sales tax to Governor Jerry Brown's abject policies would make me puke (or ovomit).

Still, two years will require some will-power, especially after a test ride. I might get the itch to switch before that ...

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post
    As much as I would love to have a 2018 GoldWing in my garage in 3 or 4 months, I'll wait for the 2020 model year, for 3 reasons:

-1- There are so many new and complex engineering upgrades that it will take a year to pinpoint the bugs and another year for the fixes to appear in the finished product.
    -2- I like my F6B and want to put more miles on it. It's a fun, reliable and very enjoyable basic motorcycle – by basic I mean without the electronics and their learning curve.
    -3- Wasting another $2,700 in sales tax to Governor Jerry Brown's abject policies would make me puke (or ovomit).

Still, two years will require some will-power, especially after a test ride. I might get the itch to switch before that ...
    Wisconsin used to just charge sales tax on the delta between the trade and the new vehicle. California charges taxes on the entire purchase price, irrespective of the value of the trade in. California discourages trading vehicles (as well as owning and driving them with Jerry Brown's latest general fund sodomy gas and renewal/registration taxes).

When I was looking for a B, I told the wife that I was looking for a 10 year bike. One that could justify the purchase price, and have room to grow on. And since I just bought a '15 this year, I think it'll be 2032 before I get another.

Quote Originally Posted by VaBob View Post
    When I was looking for a B, I told the wife that I was looking for a 10 year bike. One that could justify the purchase price, and have room to grow on. And since I just bought a '15 this year, I think it'll be 2032 before I get another.
    Don't worry, the new GW will still be 99% the same at that point.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Quote Originally Posted by Circle-5 View Post

Yep, my thoughts exactly on #1, 2 and will power. I am waiting for Spring 2020. Boy, I would hate to be married to me between now and then. My wife has started to notice that I watch a GoldWing video every night before bed.
    Former Ride:
    Latest Addition:
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

Sold my 2013/ guy picks it up Friday,
    And if all goes well I’ll pickup a new Wing.. Just gotta find a dealer that wants to play with the numbers a bit .....